Opinions on Aguilar GS112's - good deal?

Discussion in 'Bass Area; The Bottom Line' started by retroLS1, May 22, 2015.

1. retroLS1

retroLS1 Supporting Member

Have someone locally that has a pair of Aguilar GS112's - one GS112 and one GS112NT - for sale for $500 for the pair. Wondering first and foremost if that is a decent deal (assuming they are in good working condition, good shape, etc.) and how people like them. I used to own a pair of GS212's a while back (and a GS412 before that - what a bear to move) so I imagine they are great cabs, just want to hear some opinions. I am looking for something pretty portable, and according to specs they are around 40lbs a piece which isn't terrible. I am looking at new amps but I will be powering them with either something like an Aguilar Tonehammer, GK MB Fusion, or similar "micro" amp.

2. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

Many people love those cabs. I'd say it's a pretty decent deal, assuming all original, fully functional cabs. make sure there aren't replacement drivers in them.

3. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

They're great cabs. Aguilar has become an industry standard for very good reasons. I think that is a good deal if they're in good shape. I've been gigging a pair for over a decade and the carpet is pretty ratty at this point.

4. Claytone

Claytone Member

That's a great deal for a great cab. My rig is a Tonehammer 500 through one GS112 and it has all the power, portability, tone and definition I want. And for club use it is really all you would need. A second cab would be cool for larger clubs or stages. Aguilar makes well-built and good sounding gear.

5. retroLS1

I think I am going to pick these cabs up this week. After doing a lot more looking online, especially at pricing etc, these seem to be a pretty good deal. It looks like they shared the same spot in the car as the dog so they'll need some vacuuming, but that's not a huge deal. Look forward to trying them out.

6. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

hope they work out well for you. and, i hope they don't smell like "dog". blech!

7. retroLS1

Haha, agreed! If they do, I'll see if I can get a few more bucks off. Nothing a little Febreeze and cleaning can't fix.

8. retroLS1

Picked up the 112's tonight. In very good shape albeit with some cat hair on them. Was actually able to get them for even less than advertised... pretty great deal. Almost felt bad taking them! My amp should be here this week, will be able to give them a good testing then. Lint/sticky rollers work fantastically for removing hair on carpeted cabs BTW.

9. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

cool. keep us posted on your progress after the amp arrives.