• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Opinions on Arcane pickups

vhollund

I've got an issue with a pair of pick ups, I had to return because of microphonics. He told me he will repair/wax them swiftly and for free
Since I waited some before getting to returning the PUs, I asked him for the delay and for how I would owe him

But three months has gone by and I haven't received even the slightest response. Despite my many requests
I told him 3 weeks ago to just send them back, that I will get them waxed elsewhere. No response and I'm getting worried
I did however noticed a recent facebook post where says the George Lynch PUs are restocked.
I am offended by the lack of response, but mostly I'm worried I'll never see my pick ups again

vhollund

My guess is that he doesn't know how to manage his business and is trying to do everything himself instead of hiring staff and PR/manager
And it is letting down his business and his costumers at the same time

vhollund

Well I don't think he is a thief by intend, but keeping something that is my property an indefinite period of time after i told him to return it, is screwing with the client, in the sense that i'm stuck and might have to buy a new set of pick ups to compensate.

I also think it's safe to say he picks up the phone at least once in 3 months if George Lynch calls him.
It might be his idea of a good business plan but I just don't agree that it is.
What concerns me is that I certainly don't agree as a client. It's rude to completely ignore clients, even if it's unintentional and due to bad management.
Unfortunately the pick ups he make sound great.

Last edited:

Marco78

I'm very interested on your pickups, but he never aswer to my mail. There is a italian dealer but he told me that is difficult to have arcane pickups. His business is so strange...

Gr8fulPickr

I hear you.

I'm going to send you a PM and see if I can help.
I'm just seeing this post. I have a custom build being done by a high end luthier. We both agreed yesterday that the pickups we were going to use are not the right fit. Arcane's would be perfect. I emailed them yesterday, but reading this thread makes me think Arcane won't be a viable option since we'll need the pickups soon-ish.

I don't mind waiting on the pickups to be made unless it's gonna be a long time. But I do kinda need to know time frame.

If you can help a brother out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Wish I'd discovered them sooner.

Rythmn101

Great pickups... Horrible horrible customer service. If your not an elite player your not anyone to Rob...Dude never answered my calls .. messages and text for an entire month even when trying to get my rewind back....I'll never use his pickups again. I'll go to Lollar or Fralin....At least they answer their phone or reply to your messages.. and their pickups kick a$$...

vortexxxx

Silver Supporting Member
I noticed that this has happened to other small boutique pickup makers. They get overwhelmed and sometimes put their site on hold or burn out and can't continue.

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
I'm just seeing this post. I have a custom build being done by a high end luthier. We both agreed yesterday that the pickups we were going to use are not the right fit. Arcane's would be perfect. I emailed them yesterday, but reading this thread makes me think Arcane won't be a viable option since we'll need the pickups soon-ish.

I don't mind waiting on the pickups to be made unless it's gonna be a long time. But I do kinda need to know time frame.

If you can help a brother out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Wish I'd discovered them sooner.

Sorry I never saw this post. To be honest, it's best for me to stay out of it. It's really not my place to get involved as I only know Rob through a great friend and business associate.