Opinions on Arcane pickups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rubis, Jan 8, 2017.

1. vhollund

vhollund Member

I've got an issue with a pair of pick ups, I had to return because of microphonics. He told me he will repair/wax them swiftly and for free
    Since I waited some before getting to returning the PUs, I asked him for the delay and for how I would owe him

But three months has gone by and I haven't received even the slightest response. Despite my many requests
    I told him 3 weeks ago to just send them back, that I will get them waxed elsewhere. No response and I'm getting worried
    I did however noticed a recent facebook post where says the George Lynch PUs are restocked.
    I am offended by the lack of response, but mostly I'm worried I'll never see my pick ups again

2. vhollund

vhollund Member

My guess is that he doesn't know how to manage his business and is trying to do everything himself instead of hiring staff and PR/manager
    And it is letting down his business and his costumers at the same time

3. vhollund

vhollund Member

Well I don't think he is a thief by intend, but keeping something that is my property an indefinite period of time after i told him to return it, is screwing with the client, in the sense that i'm stuck and might have to buy a new set of pick ups to compensate.

I also think it's safe to say he picks up the phone at least once in 3 months if George Lynch calls him.
    It might be his idea of a good business plan but I just don't agree that it is.
    What concerns me is that I certainly don't agree as a client. It's rude to completely ignore clients, even if it's unintentional and due to bad management.
    Unfortunately the pick ups he make sound great.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  4. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

I hear you.

I'm going to send you a PM and see if I can help.

vhollund likes this.
  5. vhollund

vhollund Member

Problem solved !
    Thank you Larry for spontaneously stepping in to help a fellow man.
    That was very kind of you.

freedom's door and Bryan T like this.
  6. Marco78

Marco78 Member

I'm very interested on your pickups, but he never aswer to my mail. There is a italian dealer but he told me that is difficult to have arcane pickups. His business is so strange...