• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Opinions on favorite delay

so far my fav. has been the stereo man w/ hazarai. sounds great easy to use looping at any point with or without delay, tap tempo, presets, and can sound like an analog delay. Also if you care can be run in stereo

sutherland

Digital: Line 6 M9 - From crystal clear to tape head sway AND the ability to send three delays into one another is incredible. I know that some will say the Nova and others will say the TimeFactor, but this thing is so plug & play...no question, M9!

Analog: Analogman ARDX20. Retains my natural signal better than any other Analog Delay I have played. Smooth and clear repeats and two presets.

Structo

I'll second the EHX Stereo Memory Man.
That thing can cover a lot of delay setups.
The loop is cool for practicing and the reverse attack delay is cool as well.
I just wished it would retain the presets but once you cut power, bye bye.
Really sounds cool in stereo.

morgan918

In no particular order:
echoczar - incredible sounds, very organic, very flexible, tons of headroom
deluxe memory man - just pure magic, the self-oscillation is orchestral
maxon ad900 - long, dark wonderfulness

what do you mean? once you save your presets they always come back.. click the white knob again. If you meant the loop it's not a dedicated looper so that's fine

Red_Strat

I'll third the SMMH. :bumpbump

The fact that it allows you loop on almost every mode, and the presets.. is pure WIN. The only reason I let go of mine is because I needed dotted 8th's and other subdivisions that the Nova Delay and/or Repeater has.

Now if only TC or EHX made a delay pedal with presets, subdivisions, AND a looper.

I'll third the SMMH. :bumpbump

The fact that it allows you loop on almost every mode, and the presets.. is pure WIN. The only reason I let go of mine is because I needed dotted 8th's and other subdivisions that the Nova Delay and/or Repeater has.

Now if only TC or EHX made a delay pedal with presets, subdivisions, AND a looper.
I agree with you there. looper, presets and subs would be pure win. Does the Nova delay do any loop?

Analog:
90's Reissue Deluxe Memory Man: the only analog delay that can truly do the almost-endless-repeats-without-going-into-oscillation. The best playing-over-a-floating-island-of-delays-without-them-getting-in-the-way-delay. Lushest modulation, nicest tone. The one pedal I'm never gonna get rid of and hope is never gonna get stolen.

Digital:
Damage Control TimeLine: Amazing stereo image, convincing analog delays, being able to tweak delays HEAVILY. Due to the stereo image the modulation is nice 'n lush as well!

Devi Ever

RE-201 - nothing else I've played has surpassed its gooey beauty.
Have you tried an AD-999? It's the closest thing I've heard come to the RE-201... obviously not exactly the same... but brilliantly close. Just a suggestion if anyone reading this has ever wanted a really good replication of the RE-201's tone in a pedal (The RE-20 just doesn't cut it even CLOSE imho) :phones

NeilYoungFan

Silver Supporting Member
Digital : Providence delay 80's. Hands down the best delay I've ever used. It demonstrates an "echo hardness" knob, which being a tone/mids control for the repeats can make it sound analog or digital.

Analog : Maxon AD999. The only delay I've used that had sort of "distorted" repeats. Unique and cool.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
Boss DD-3 for me, tried a few others analog and digital but there is just something about the DD-3 that sounds good. Definitely not a fan of analog delays!

patrickisbusy

Boss DD-3 for me, tried a few others analog and digital but there is just something about the DD-3 that sounds good. Definitely not a fan of analog delays!
The DD-3 was my first delay pedal that I eventually traded away. I still think it's a great pedal if you don't need bells and whistles like different modes and tap tempo. Plus you can get some pretty wacky engine noises with it.

Guitar Goober

I love my Boss DD-7. Everything I need in one compact pedal, loads of different delay modes, and tap tempo with a socket for an external tap.

Top Bottom