Opinions on Hartman Silicon Fuzz or Monsterpiece NPN?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by beexter, Aug 12, 2008.

1. beexter

beexter Member

I've narrowed my choice of BC108 loaded silicon fuzz pedals down to these 2 (that wasn't an easy task by any stretch!) but neither are available easily in the UK to try so I'm gonna be taking a chance - has anyone played either of these and could testify to the range of sounds you can get from them? - I'm hoping for some of EJ's / Gilmour's smoothness (I've already got a muff for the later Floyd stuff) on one side and the fuzzier Hendrix type tones also. Would either of these fit the bill?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. beexter

beexter Member

3. zeppelinpage4

zeppelinpage4 Member

I faced the exact same decision you have.

I can link you to some of my threads if you like.
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=416337

It was down to these couple fuzzes (The Hartman fuzz being one of my choices). I eventually decided on the Monsterpiece after hearing clips and looking at the inside wiring job which was superb. I couldn't try any of these in person though. Still waiting on the Monsterpiece to come in the mail.

Someone demoed their NPN for me a while back and it nailed the tones from SOYCD as well as Time and Money. I don't think you could go wrong with either though.

4. ibobunot

ibobunot Member

I don't have any experience with the Hartman but I love my Monsterpiece... :cool:

5. marooned

marooned Member

I got a Monsterpiece NPN delivered to the UK a couple of months ago.
    It's a very versatile fuzz,overdrivey to full on fuzz.
    Fantastic value at $110 with the exchange rate just now.
    It has BC108's in it so should give you that Gilmour sound.