Opinions on Port City Wave 212 cab with Dumble

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by johan, Aug 18, 2008.

1. johan

johan Member

Anyone tried the Port City Wave cabs with a Dumble style amp? I'm thinking two G12-65. (Standard - not the Oversized cab)

Is it possible, with good results, to use one as two 1x12" and pair each side to a different amp or will the ported design "fall apart"?

2. portcitymusic

portcitymusic Supporting Member

Hi there. I have a few thoughts regarding your question. If you are interested we can talk about this further in email. You can reach me at daniel@portcityamps.com. Thanks.

Daniel
    Port City Amps

3. johan

johan Member

email sent

anyone?

4. mj07

mj07 Supporting Member

I use a 1x12 os with my ceriatone and my fuchs. Holds bottoms well, and retains the fattness associated with these amps.I've got an old 12-65 in it right now, and it holds great!

5. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

I use a standard 2x12 with NOS G12-65's and this is the perfect compliment to my Fuchs TDS100.

6. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have an OS 2x12 loaded with two Austin Speaker Works 70 hz speakers. I have a Carol-Ann Tucana and a Carol-Ann OD2 50 watter. I think it sounds great. The bass is very big, smooth mids and a nice bite on the top, but not harsh in any sense.

In a small studio the bass seems too strong and I put it on a Gramma which really cleans it up. Live it sounds great and most of the time I crave more bottom, which this cab gives.

The cab also sounds great with a Red Iron T-Rex and a 65Amps Royal Albert. It seems to compliment pretty much any amp. I also have a 1x12 OS w/ASW and on with an EV. A regular one might be good if you have too much bottom end on your amp.