opinions on the hotcake

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamiefbolton, Sep 11, 2008.

1. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

Anybody else think that the Hotcake is fizzy on the top end?
    I'm using an AC30 and Matchless Spitfire. The pedal just seems a little too bright. The presence is all the way down and its barely useable in my opinion. Especially when the gain is higher. I think its much better for a lower gain setting. But what else is there that does the same thing the Hotcake does, but is less fizzy?

2. 12guitdown

12guitdown Member

I did with my Vox. However it was awesome with my '66 BF Bassman and 212 TT Hemps.
    The best I've found for Vox, AC15H that is, is a Carb(low gain) and Zendrive(med gain) Both blend awesome together but are voiced totally different on their own. Just an incredible pair!

To answer your last question, the carb is flavored more like a Hot cake.

Get BOTH!

3. Papajuice

Papajuice Silver Supporting Member

It also depends on the pickups, mine comes alive with my Les Paul SD 59's and my Setzer with TV Jones not so much with my Tele and my Jazzmaster they tend to fuzz.

4. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Very strange, I didn't find my Hotcake fizzy at all with the Gain at 3:00 and the Presence at 1:30 plugged into my Bruno UG30.

5. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

Mine first one was fizzy with a Strat and DRRI, at low volumes. My second one, not at all, at higher volumes, Tele or Esquire into Maz 18. I was told after i traded the first one that it just needs the amp to be up a bit and the fizz disappears. My Maz is perfect for this, because of it's extremely usable master volume, which the DRRI doesn't have.

cheers

6. hecticone

hecticone Member

Had the same problem switch crapped out replaced it with a carling and no more fizz.Why I don't know

7. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

I do love that my fatboost into the hotcake gets really thick and fuzzy...is there anything else out there that will do this but without the fizz by itself