opinions on this 335...

PGrant

It says "authentic vintage" and "No Repairs" yet no mention to the fact that the tuners have been changed.

Flogger59

Ridden hard and put away wet. It's a 1967 or later 335 that was converted from a trapeze tailpiece to a stop tailpiece mounted too far forward, and the keys are changed to Grovers.

jimpridx

Silver Supporting Member
Ridden hard and put away wet. It's a 1967 or later 335 that was converted from a trapeze tailpiece to a stop tailpiece mounted too far forward, and the keys are changed to Grovers.
Yeap......my thoughts, too.

snarkle

Silver Supporting Member
My thoughts as well. Might be worth taking a look at anyway if you're looking for a player and not a collector's item. (Especially if the price is flexible.) The sparkling burgundy finish is not that common, and most guitars that have been played that hard have something going on.

Tstyle

Thanks fellas. I am going to see the guitar on wed. I am looking for a player, not an investment, and the first thing that struck me when I saw the pics, was that someone played it a lot, and hard. No headstock repair either, although that doesn't seem to bother some folks.

I will report back.

T.

TRGuy

First thing I noticed was the ad said "No repairs". Yet it has a very obvious headstock repair.

I mean theyre decent guitars but thats not one thats been looked after.

stormin1155

Silver Supporting Member
First thing I noticed was the ad said "No repairs". Yet it has a very obvious headstock repair.

That's what I thought at first too, but when you enlarge the picture you can see that is just the way the finish is worn that makes it look that way.

Gearaddict

I'd take a pass on that relic. If it's a player just buy a reglar new Gibson 335. And you won't have any "issues". i.e. worn frets, binding headaches, twisted necks, yada yada yada. Looks like a real POS to me and certainly not worth 3K. YMMV :nuts

pattste

Silver Supporting Member
I would totally pass on this one. The price is outrageous, in my opinion.

Trending Topics