Opinions on Tri-Sonic (Strat sized) Options

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
As far as I know it, there are at least two options out there for Tri-Sonic type pickups that are actually Strat single coil sized. Burns makes their Mini Tri-Sonics and GFS (Guitarfetish) makes their Brighton Rock versions.

Anybody familiar with either one?

Opinions on one vs the other?

Any other manufacturers out there make Tri-Sonics that will fit in a Strat pick guard?

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Interesting. I'll have to look into that. I forgot the Creamery existed, but the name now rings a bell. I think I remember them when I was looking at Wide Range humbuckers.

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Woah! Just checked those out. Lots of options (magnets, adjustable poles). Demo I found on Youtube is pretty darn good too. Definitely pricey though.

sleepingtiger

Gold Supporting Member
I had a '62 Reissue Bison & found the pickups surprisingly unremarkable. They were kind of polite & lacking personality. I loved the outline shape, but it was also thick & heavy, so combined with the lackluster tone, I was inspired to sell at about what I paid for it.

Tony

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
And FWIW, I was shocked to find that walmart.com actually sells Strat pick guards pre-loaded with the Burns minis and the May switching array. Walmart? Are you kidding me?

Trending Topics