• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Opinions Wanted: Reverb Buyer Bought My Guitar...

CaptNasty

Guitar Geek
Double Platinum Member
Then asked if I could ship to a different address than the address on his order. The shipping address on the order and the shipping address the buyer requested that I send to is in the same city. The buyer has 29 5 star transactions dating back to Sept 2020.

He says he wants it shipped to his work to "save his marriage".

Would feel better with a longer history, say a couple of years.

I have sold quite a bit on Reverb and this is the first time I have received a request like this.

What says you TGP?

pcauchi

Gold Supporting Member
He should just have his shipping address set to his workplace in his Reverb settings.

Asking after the fact is not the best way to go.

Not sure if this could cause a problem for you as the seller if a claim is made though... Which is why you're asking!

Sorry I can't be more help here.

Aahzz

Contact Reverb support and find out if it effects your seller protection. Get the formal Reverb opinion, document it and keep the transcript so you have it in writing, then respond. Use the "Need Help" link on the bottom right of the page, they generally connect to chat quickly and are helpful.

Strummerfan

Don't the people at Reverb have staff with whom to check if you are opening yourself to some sort of liability? Was the request made by phone? If it's made by email, you at least have a written verification of the request to protect yourself.

paulbearer

It’s off model, but I would look to Facetime him, have a chill video conversation, have him show you his home address on the mailbox, (and save that video). Hold up his drivers license. Just for security. These days how can he blame you, and the worst that can happen is you say, ‘can’t’.

Also, not many people I know are @ a work address these days but it differs by region.

CaptNasty

Guitar Geek
Double Platinum Member
Contact Reverb support and find out if it effects your seller protection. Get the formal Reverb opinion, document it and keep the transcript so you have it in writing, then respond. Use the "Need Help" link on the bottom right of the page, they generally connect to chat quickly and are helpful.
No chat today. Email only.

There is a Reverb support article that I found that says to have the buyer contact support to have the shipping address changed. But it has to be in the same ZIP code (for tax reasons). If it is a different ZIP, I have to cancel the order, they have to change their address, then re-purchase.

CaptNasty

Guitar Geek
Double Platinum Member
Don't the people at Reverb have staff with whom to check if you are opening yourself to some sort of liability? Was the request made by phone? If it's made by email, you at least have a written verification of the request to protect yourself.
Done on Reverb messaging. I don't go off Reverb for a transaction.

Golem

Silver Supporting Member
It's something I'd be cautious about doing. For example, someone here asked me to ship to an address that wasn't on their PayPal. I found out it was a shipping forwarder. When I questioned him about it, he got angry. So there are people who might scam you out there.

Trending Topics