• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Optical Compressor

Cado

I'm thinking of switching out my Analogman Comprossor for an optical compressor. It must be true bypass because it will be before a fuzz in the chain. Any recommendations?

Richard P

I haven't tried the VV, but I'm a big Fromel fan. It would be hard to go wrong there.

If you're not in need of "big" compression, it's also hard to go wrong with the Bearfoot Pale Green Compressor. It's the only compressor I've ever used that winds up being "always on," because I can always find some to make it improve my sound…no matter what the sound is. It's amazing that way.

And I've owned the Demeter, the Diamond, the Pigtronix, the Analogman Bicomp, and others.

In the end, I think optical compressors rule.

Dharmajester

I have used a Strymon OB1, very smooth, plus you get a selectable clean boost with it. The Earthquaker Warden looks interesting too..

jondanger

Silver Supporting Member
Sold my Comprossor and got a Diamond. The Diamond is more appropriate for what in doing now, but damn I miss that Comprossor sometimes. No better Ross style IMO.

The Diamond is great though. Very happy with it, both clean and followed by ODs.

darkinners

I forgot to mention the other great optical comp choice.

Effectrode PC-2A, This is REALLY GREAT! But pricy.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom