Option 5 Destination Overdrive?

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Hey,
Anyone here have experience w/ this pedal?
I need a dedicated distortion to use w/ an already gritty amp. Something to make the harmonics and sustain jump out in a Marshally way...
Any opinions on the Option 5, I really like the sound clips from the website.

Droptop

Silver Supporting Member
I have one and it sounds great. Very much like a Marshall Plexi with the right amount of sag. One of the better Marshall type overdrives out.

carltonh

I didn't see a separate thread for the Destination Overdrive II, so I'm bumping this one. Proguitarshop.com has a good demo of the DO II, but what what I really want to hear is how it sounds at extremes with humbuckers. Anyone do that and have a good example?

carltonh

Bumping this because there is so little info on this. Once I get a job again, I'll probably consider either this or a Fat Sandwich. The Proguitarshop demos imply that these overlap, but I would have preferred to hear both with humbuckers.

imguitardan

It's been a while since I've played/heard one of these but I was blown away by it when our engineer pulled it out in the studio. The other guitarist in my old band used that and his '60s SG Jr. and crushed my tone (it really pissed me off).

Listen to the song "I Don't Mind" http://www.myspace.com/thehandshake. The distorted guitar in the right speaker is the DO with P-90s...not super rock but I thought it was a very good, thick pedal. From what you've described, you may also want to check out a Barber Direct Drive.

Timbeaux

Anybody have anymore info on the Option 5 Destination overdrive? I've been really curious about this pedal, but not much info....

carltonh

I got one and sold it. While it could sound great, it really annoyed me that at low gain settings, it could not reach unity volume, so only useful for medium gain or above. I thought there might be a problem with mine, but then compared to the Proguitarshop video, there was no difference. They had everything set high just to match unity volume.

Timbeaux

carltonh....I'd primarily use it as a high gain pedal. Would you recommend it for that? I have an MI Audio blues pro for medium gain, and a MJM phantom for the low gain......just trying to find a good high gain pedal...

carltonh

carltonh....I'd primarily use it as a high gain pedal. Would you recommend it for that? I have an MI Audio blues pro for medium gain, and a MJM phantom for the low gain......just trying to find a good high gain pedal...

High gain is subjective, but given you know MI Audio, I'd put it half way between the crunchbox and Tone Zone in general, but could be set to be smoother high gain than either of those. As long as you don't neet a volume boost, I think you could be happy with it

Also note that I only tried the second version that uses 9V, not the verst one with 24V power supply. No clue on that one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom