Option 5 Single/Phase 100 placements in chain

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by screamingduck, Feb 16, 2008.

1. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Maybe this has been discussed but perhaps someone could share their perspective. I just got my Option5 Single today and the manual says to put the unit (and any Phasing unit) last except for reverb and delay.
    First, I know just to experiment and see what works for me and my rig but...
    I thought the conventional wisdom was to put UniVibes and Phase shifters closer to the front maybe after a Fuzz unit.
    Am I totally mistaken or does that seem to work better?:rolleyes:

2. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Oh yeah. I figured out that I was more of a rotating speaker dude instead of a UniVibe guy. I did like my DejaVibe but sold it to fund my Option 5 purchase and couldn't be more satisfied. Actually after two years of major GAS buying and selling I think I can honestly say that my rig is the best it has ever been in 30+ years of playing.

3. mr.blacksummer

mr.blacksummer Member

the option 5 works beautifully at the end of the chain...right before the delays...thats where my DR single lives. and I DO put my Mega-vibe a little earlier, but still after fuzzes (circa woodstock hendrix!). I put my red witch phaser at the beginning of my chain (right after the wha and compressor).
    ...anyway...DR single last in chain seemed best for me.

4. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Thanks for the reply. I've also had my MXR Phase 100 after my Fuzz and MiniBiComp so I'm thinking I'll leave it there and put the Option 5 at the end before the delays.
    I was just a little thrown off by the Op5 manual suggesting to put the Phase Shifter along with the Destination Single at the end (before the delays) also.

5. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I have my DR single last right before my Echotap...then to a Barber Launch Pad (always on for gain staging) and the amp.
    Works great right there.