options for buffer in passive effects loop

fenderjapan

WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Gold Supporting Member
I want to use a delay in the passive effects loop of my Fargen Olde 800.

I am aware of some of the options for fx loop buffers... Ceriatone Kleinulator, C-Lator, Fuchs Tube FX Loop.

Are there any other options? I don't care if its a tube or solid state, just anything I could use to allow me to run my Boss Delay in the FX loop of this amp without level/impedance issues.

Last edited:

davidespinosa

Silver Supporting Member
Have you tried it? Do you hear any tone or volume loss?
If so, you could try a pair of guitar pedal buffers.

guitarjazz

Gold Supporting Member
How do you know it's passive? It's in a circuit right, between pre and power amp? Sounds like it's got some bufferoony on it.
The fact that it doesn't have variable send and return controls, like a Dumblator, doesn't mean it's not buffered. BTW a Dumblator is more about impedance matching than buffering. The send and return on a Dumble are pretty much useless without one.

fenderjapan

WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Gold Supporting Member
How do you know it's passive? It's in a circuit right, between pre and power amp? Sounds like it's got some bufferoony on it.
The fact that it doesn't have variable send and return controls, like a Dumblator, doesn't mean it's not buffered. BTW a Dumblator is more about impedance matching than buffering. The send and return on a Dumble are pretty much useless without one.
It is specifically stated in the amp literature.

I ended up emailing Ben Fargen and he suggested the Ceriatone clones so I suppose thats what I will go with!

Trending Topics