Orange 412 VS Avatar Contemporary 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ugh, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Ugh

Ugh Supporting Member

So, I'm thinking about getting a new Orange 412 cab. I already own an empty Avatar contemporary 412. My options are to either buy speakers to load into the avatar or sell the empty 412 to help fund the Orange.

The pros and cons as I see it:

I already own the Avatar shell, and I can choose whatever drivers to put into it (most likely G12K-100s or another higher powered Celestion or like speaker).

I know that the Orange is well built, and I work for an Orange dealer who is gracious enough to sell me stuff at dealer cost...the Orange comes with V30s - not my favorite speaker, but a good all around choice IMO.

So, I guess it comes down to build quality of the cab. Anyone have any direct comparison experience with these two cabs?

2. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

if you already have an unloaded cab you may as well just buy the speakers you actually want.

wants the point of paying a premium for the orange name on your cab if it's going to have anything less than your ideal speakers?

3. Ugh

Ugh Supporting Member

The price difference between me selling the empty Avatar and buying an Orange or just loading the Avatar is minimal, and I'm not anti V30s. They actually can sound pretty good, especially live.

Like I said before, I think it really comes down to build quality. Anyone care to chime in about that?

4. soulohio

soulohio Member

well now...the Orange cabs sound good if you are running a new Orange or Marshall type amp....if I was in your situation I would load the Avatar with Fanes and sit my '95 Orange OR120 on top of it.

5. Ugh

Ugh Supporting Member

Anyone else?

6. ZachPowers

ZachPowers Member

Go with the Orange. They make the best speaker cabinets for sure. I've played Marshall, Mesa, Bogner and Emperor and Orange is better than all of them. I can't recommend it highly enough.