Orange Germino Club 40 with new script logo!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by CDaughtry, Jan 21, 2006.

1. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

Guys.....Yesterday, just in time for Friday's night's gig, I got in my new orange Germino Club 40, with the new script logo. Doesn't it look cool? I think this is the first amp with the new logo!:dude
    This thing is a tone monster. Killer cleans, great breakup....takes pedals like nobody's business. In a word....it KILLS!
    Thanks Greg for the wonderful job and thanks Stu and Fatsound for the fantastic service.
    You guys are the best!:AOK

[​IMG]

2. CDaughtry

CDaughtry Member

3. WordMan

WordMan Member

Just gorgeous - bet your 'bursts sound like $1million through it...

4. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Wow! That is a beauty!!

Welcome to the Orange [Creamsickle] Club!!

M.E.

5. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Hey, Beautiful looking amp. Diggin the logo. I have the same color Club 40 with the gold and black logo. The picture is still up on the Fatsound website. Awesome awesome amp dont ya think! I know the orange was an exclusive color for fat sound, and Stu mentioned that the material used to cover the amps were no longer being made by the supplier and Greg had enough for only a handful of amps, like at most 3 or 4. So you have one, I have one, any more out there? I heard there might also be a masonnette with this color out there too???

Regardless, it's the sound that counts, and this amp is pretty sweet. When I first got it I had to get used to where the sweet spots were, and that took a bit of figuring out, as well as what effects sounded great versus what sounded soso, but most sound great. I have noticed that the amp and/or speakers have a break in period then they start getting REAL sweet sounding, so it only gets better the more you play it.

For kicks, drop in a pair of 6V6s or KT66s, you get different amps entirely, the 6V6s run at about 20 watts, and the majority of the tone is still there as compared to the EL34s. Very versatile and my compliments to Greg as always. Nice logo too...

Do you have the heritage G12Ms or another combination of speakers, open or closed back cab?

I have the G12M heritage speakers with the open backed cab. Can't describe how good it sounds clean or dirty, with or without pedals.

6. dewman

by the way, those other amps in the background aren't too shabby either...!!!

7. stratofied

stratofied Member

I agree, love my Club 40! Yours looks great.

8. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

cripes, mine is a lowly black model.

;)

9. Mr.Hanky

Mr.Hanky Supporting Member

BOINGGGGGGGG

Now I can't stand up!

10. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Hot man...man very hot.

11. Stu/Fat Sound

Stu/Fat Sound Member

C.D.,
    Wow.....turned out stunning. Wish I had a chance to actually play that one before Greg shipped it to you. Any time you want to trade in one of your many 'Wrecks on another Germino just let me know! LOL!!

Glad you are enjoying it...especially in light of the stiff competition it's up against.

Thanks!

12. Stu/Fat Sound

Stu/Fat Sound Member

Dewman,
    To the best of my knowledge there are two Orange Masonettes and two Club 40 rigs in existence. I think Greg used up the last of the orange Levant on this rig so......no more unless the manufacturer starts making it again. The orange Germino idea actually came from a client/friend of mine in Reno who ordered and received the first orange Masonette. I thought he was crazy when he ordered it, but once I saw it in person I was knocked out. Very cool look! Glad you are still enjoyong yours!

13. thintele

thintele Member

oooh man that is schweet!!! I dig the new script logo

14. dewman

Stu, Good to hear from you! Just logged in while watching Duke lose a close one in BBall against Georgetown...I like Greg's logo, very old school muscle car like...When I first saw the orange Club 40 I immediately knew I had seen something like that before- just didn't know where and last night I found out what triggered it for me..Check out Aspen Pittman's Tube amp book and look at the top 10 marshalls. There is an identically colored 50watt head and matching 4x12 cab in THAT orange in the book. Really cool custom colored Germino, I know I speak for the other 3 guys who have that color. Great idea and great amp. Have a good one and see you soon-

D

15. Tony Foran

Tony Foran Supporting Member

No more orange? Has Greg tried

http://www.tone-tools.com/cover.html

16. Don L

Don L Member

When will it ever stop?! :eek:

17. dewman

Guess my 15 minutes are up.....cool site though..

18. Stu/Fat Sound

Stu/Fat Sound Member

Thanks Tony. I'll email the link to Greg so he can see if it is the same color, grain, weight etc.. and if they, in fact, have it available. I'm sure there may be a supplier or two that have some available, but the word is that the manufacturer has quit making it.....at least for the time being.

19. steve10358

steve10358 Supporting Member

That looks great. Between the logo and color- WOW!!

20. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

That is bangin'!!!!

Killer look, and that new logo plate is silly cool.

Email off the Greg... I gotta get me some of that action!!! Nice!