• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Orange micro dark headphone out

Orange says the headphone output on the Micro Dark has cabinet simulation built in. How does the headphone out sound?

Anyone ever connect it to a PA using the headphone out? How does that sound? This is what I'm really interested in.

I've played one at guitar center and loved the tones. I was blown away by how good it sounds. But I didn't get a chance to test the headphone out.

My goal is to play heavy stuff at the local open mic night and use this as my amp modeler lol. I thought about getting something like a helix stomp but this can be found used for a tiny fraction of the cost, has the tones I want, and has a vacuum tube. Basically an improvement all around, as long as I can go direct into the PA and have it sound good. :hide2

Thanks!

Last edited:

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a Micro Dark and the headphone sounds like garbage to me. I've never heard any gainy amp through a built in headphone jack that didn't sound like a can of bees.

However, I do love the amp. Just don't like the headphone, but I was never going to use it like that anyway. For me it's a clean pedal platform practice amp.

It might work fine into a PA though. Not sure.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
You can run the FX Loop send into your interface and run that with an IR to get a really useable sound. It’s far better than the headphone out
I did this the other day. Was much, much better than I expected it to be!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom