• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Orange PPC 412 HP 8 - What say you TGP?

Paul86

I've just closed an insanely good deal on an Orange Cab - the one in the title, with Celestion G12K100 Speakers. I've never owned such speakers. Anybody here with first-hand experience with this cab / speakers?
Cheers

Paul86

Well,
Initial impressions.
First of all - my amp (Alessandro Bloodhound) will clearly have to put up a sweat! I've been playing through an old Boogie with an EV, and I was used to certain settings to get my sounds. I know it's obvious but, anyways, I'll have to relearn how to get my usual sounds.
The amp sounds a lot cleaner than before, and it starts giving up the goods with the volume knowb twisted a bit past 12 o'clock. And, strangely enough, it doesn't sound as loud as with the 1x12.
Second, I'd all but forgotten the good ol' thump in the chest that only a 4x12 can deliver. Period. What...a...sound! There is more of everything, but especially bass. I have to really trim the fat, you know, or it gets too muddy too soon.
I kind of threw my touch askew as well. The amp still responds to pick attack but, as I said before, I was used to getting a lot more variation at lower volume settings, but when you crank the volume you're sent to a whole new country.
All in all, I'm very very happy with my purchase. 4x12's rule!

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
I own a pair of PPC412 cabs and I dig them.
Heavy as hell but worth the tones.
Congrats!

Trending Topics