Orange Rocker 15 Head - Your Thoughts

Unadan

I'm selling an old Bandmaster Reverb head and may use the proceeds for the Orange Rocker 15 Head. How is this amp? Reliable? I mostly play classic rock and blues and like what I hear from the gain stages of the Rocker 15. Is the build quality good enough for the road?

Thanks.

CanserDYI

I'd also like opinions on it, as well as the TH30 if anyone has any. I'm looking for lush cleans all the way to high gain, but in a smaller package, and looking at Mesas are getting expensive.

Guitarjon

I'm selling an old Bandmaster Reverb head and may use the proceeds for the Orange Rocker 15 Head. How is this amp? Reliable? I mostly play classic rock and blues and like what I hear from the gain stages of the Rocker 15. Is the build quality good enough for the road?

Thanks.
I have one and I love it. It's not super loud because of the low wattage but it might be loud enough depending on your situation. I don't think the clean channel is amazing as it's a bit dark but the drive channel is cool. It's nice and fuzzy/warm. Not super modern sounding.

Have you looked at the dual terror? It's 30 watts and has 2 channels and it's amazing for blues and classic rock etc.

csanford

Silver Supporting Member

Thanks.
One data point only, but mine developed an issue in the first 5 minutes of playing.. likely just a bad output tube, but from the smell, I could tell that something got fried in the process, so I took it back and got a refund. Loved how it sounded though.

-chris

stargazer747

I also have one, fantastic Amp, pure vintage tube tone, your all time classic British tone in a portable sized head and doesn't skimp on volume, this lil monster is as loud as hell, especially when you drive a 412 cab with it.

Austin_Taunt

Don’t tell my wife I’m buying another guitar
Silver Supporting Member
I’ve tried both the rocker and owned the original and now have the OR15. The OR smokes the rocker 15 in every which way possible. It’s based off the gain channel on the Rockerverb. Very clear and articulate. I typically use Teles with the gain turned to about 3.5-4. Take a look on Craigslist and FB marketplace and see if you can find the Rocker from the 90s. A combo just popped up about an hour from here and is super tempting. I gigged with one for quite awhile and it was a great rock tone.

Bentayuk

Silver Supporting Member
I'd also like opinions on it, as well as the TH30 if anyone has any. I'm looking for lush cleans all the way to high gain, but in a smaller package, and looking at Mesas are getting expensive.
I had the TH30 and would own one again any day! It's lightweight, has the best clean of any Orange I've owned, and the dirt channel covers anything from Plexi to modern metal with ease! It's one seriously over looked, unappreciated amp!

Unadan

Looks like a good amp but prefer the feature set of the Rocker 15 - 2 channels with attenuation. I also like the metal chassis vs the plywood exterior of the OR15.

I’ve tried both the rocker and owned the original and now have the OR15. The OR smokes the rocker 15 in every which way possible. It’s based off the gain channel on the Rockerverb. Very clear and articulate. I typically use Teles with the gain turned to about 3.5-4. Take a look on Craigslist and FB marketplace and see if you can find the Rocker from the 90s. A combo just popped up about an hour from here and is super tempting. I gigged with one for quite awhile and it was a great rock tone.

Austin_Taunt

Don’t tell my wife I’m buying another guitar
Silver Supporting Member
Looks like a good amp but prefer the feature set of the Rocker 15 - 2 channels with attenuation. I also like the metal chassis vs the plywood exterior of the OR15.
Totally get it. Take a peak at the Brent Hinds terror as well. Very good lunch box amp. Not trying to hijack your thread just offering up other choices bc selection is always good.

As far as the Rocker 15, it’s just ok to me. My local shop is an Orange dealer and I’ve played theirs 6-7 times. I always found myself going to a different amp. Completely off topic but the trem lord is super rad if anyone is after a pedal platform.

Orange amps are in general great. I'm not sure if I gel with the Rocker series though. I tried the Rocker 32 combo but could not really gel with it. The Rocker 15 combo was also not very inspiring and probably the least interesting from my perspective. I vastly prefer the Dark Terror over either of these. However, if two channels are important a better option might be TH30.

Trending Topics