1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Orange rocker 30 clip request!

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by prometheus, Feb 16, 2009.

1. prometheus

prometheus Member

So I have been gasing for a rocker 30, but before taking the plunge I need to know that it will play nice with fender single coils, most importantly those found in mustangs, jaguars, and teles. I'm a fender geek as you can probably tell. So if you have an orange rocker 30 and one of these guitars I would be forever in your debt if you would record something for me or link me to some sound clips. Thanks for your help!

2. fyrwyr

fyrwyr Member

One of my fav production amps! I think you will dig it;)

3. 6789

6789 Member

Not the guitar you requested but it's a clip.

Orange Rocker 30 - Sound Enhancer - LP Jr. DC

I thought the amp sounded a bit thin on it's own at quieter levels. It sounds fuller at loud volumes. I tried out a Celestion G12H speaker and it added more low end but it lacked the midrange bark that I liked so much with the Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. So I put the Vintage 30 back in and put the amp on top of The Sound Enhancer amp stand. It sounds great. the Enhancer makes the amp louder and boosts the low end. The Vintage 30 sounds great now. The enhancer I have is the mini size. It's meant for a Champ sized amp. But it's seems to work fine with the Rocker 30.

Before I tried the amp at the store, the sales guy said the amp has a very dry sound. He was right. I love the dry sound it has. I only need one sound. I don't need a clean sound, so I don't care about the clean channel. I only use the Dirty channel.

I made a clip. the photos show the mic set up and tha amp settings. at the end of the clip I turned down the amp gain to get a cleaner sound.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=6534603&q=hi

http://forum.orangeamps.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3528

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. prometheus

prometheus Member

fyrwyr, I'm hoping so, I have a feeling it will be a great dirty amp for classic crunch or some mayhem...anyone ever try it with a Fuzz Factory? tedzepplin, thanks for the clip and the link, I really like that midrange bite the amp has on your track. Maybe it's the P-90 but that setup has BITE. The more I hear this amp, the more it sounds like my thing. I want something that has awesome gain, some thump and is a bit more dark than most stuff...I've got Vox and Fender covered, now for dark and dirty.

5. 6789

6789 Member

6. PanicProne

PanicProne Member

I would also kill for tele through a rocker clip...