Orange rocker 30

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Artjr, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Artjr

Artjr Member

I tried one out today, couldn't get real loud with it but damn the crunch sounded awesome and so did the clean. Is the thing for real?

2. illini

illini Member

It's a real amp.

I owned one in trade a few years back. I wasn't blown away by the clean channel, but the crunch channel was well worth the ownership. Through the same cab, it actually sounded very similar to my 82 JCM 800. I remember the clean channel sounding ok, but sorta flat. And it didn't take overdrive pedals at all.

3. Artjr

Artjr Member

I didn't crank it on the clean. Maybe that's why it sounded good. It's cleans gotta be better than a 6505 though.

4. jlinde

jlinde Member

It's definitely the best affordable orange amp out there. Great crunchy rhythm tones. Built like a tank. Cool looks.

5. Gridlock

Gridlock Member

I owned one for a while, loved the look, size, EL34's, but I could not bond with the amp. I think that it was the V30 speaker which I am not a fan.

6. Artjr

Artjr Member

I'm thinking about buying it.700 bucks. I seemed like it could be played at bedroom levels with a good tone . Also could work with any drummer.

7. Custom50

Custom50 Member

They are awesome amps. I wish Orange didn't stop making them as it was IMO one of the best sounding amps they made.

8. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

IMO the issue with the R30 is the clean channel. I've owned two of them and both couldn't come close to providing any headroom at all for live use. That crunch channel is worth the $700 tho!

9. illini

illini Member

Yes, you just reminded me that with the Rocker 30 the clean channel started to break up fairly early, but it had no Master Volume with it. So, if you wanted to turn the amp up and balance the volume of the crunch and the clean tone, the clean channel was no longer clean. Still a cool amp, that could get some good tones at a reasonable volume.

10. brianr0131

brianr0131 Member

needs a loop for a solo boost on the dirty channel.......otherwise an incredible amp.