Orange TH30 COMBO owners!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Teh RedWizard, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Teh RedWizard

Teh RedWizard Supporting Member

I'd like to hear about your experiences with this amp,as I'm thinking about snagging a used one here soon.

Cleans? Crunch? Distortion? How'd it take pedals? Did you ever add an extension cab? Did you swap out the stock toobz? Etc...etc.

Thanks-:bounce

2. ethompson

ethompson Member

I have a minty head and 2x12 for sale in the emporium (which you should buy btw). I think they sound great good cleans and overdriven definitly sounds like a british amp. Not as chimey as a Vox but the mids are there!

3. Teh RedWizard

Seen it.Bit out of my range at the moment.Let me know if you should decide to split them up.....would consider the head!

4. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

I have the TH30H and a couple of 1x12's and it's a cool little rig.

IMHO it needs external EQ. I've run it variety of ways but with something like a HD500 POD in the 4cm you can easily add EQ pre and post and really get it sounding good. With a little FX the clean ch sounds great and the gain ch can be boosted and EQ'd 'just so' to sound really nice (and brootal which is how I like this amp run).

My 1x12's seriously need breaking in as it sounds so much better through my old 4x12...much warmer and less brittle as the V30s in the 1x12's are basically brand new...it's going to take a whilst I guess!

5. mototpsychel

mototpsychel Member

I have the combo. I bought it strictly for it's portability and use as a second amp. My main is a 50w Two-rock Custom Reverb.

Anyway, the Orange is a great sounding amp and it's plenty loud for practice and small clubs. It does have that Brit crunch, and that crunch is pretty tweakable with the shape control / gain played agianst each other. I find the orange is much better suited for some songs than the TR. It absolutely nails the Stooges "Search and Destroy" not such a big surprise as the song was recorded with a cranked Vox AC30. The cleans are good and get nice dirt when turned-up and gained.

6. Teh RedWizard

Thanks.I think I've decided to go Budda,however!