Orange: Thunderverb 50 + Rockerverb

ecbluesman54

I was just watching a review on the Thunderverb 50 on demand, and was impressed by some of its options. I know Orange has a great reputation here. Anybody have a Thunderverb 50, and how does it compare with a Rockerverb?
Also I remember seeing some of the Orange Amps housed in black headshells. Are these custom ordered, or are thet readily available?

Thanks for the input!

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I think the ones to really check out are the Handwired AD50 Custom Shop.

Emee

baimun

I suggest checking out Rob Chapper's Youtube vids. He's the Orange Master... and the one that helped me decide on the Rockerverb 50.

Rob Chappers Orange Amps Demos (10)

The first vid in particular compares the Thunderverb 50 and the Rockerverb 50 at full volume on both clean and dirty channels. :)

I know the thunderverb series has more bottom end than the rockerverbs, but the rockerverbs have more saturation. The rockerverb 50 has more saturation and gain than the 30. One extra preamp tube and more power tubes. (the Rockerverb 50 uses 10 tubes in all).

googoobaby

I just watched the on-demand Thunderverb review last night and I was also impressed. The builtin attenuator really seems to make a difference.

ecbluesman54

Yeah, the attenuator looks to be a great feature. I am very intrigued by these amps. I will have to go try them out!

Trending Topics