Orange: Tiny Terror vs the OR15 ....

squished

OR15 has a 3-band EQ, way more gain (practically metal territory) and an effects loop. Also it's voiced after the Rockerverb, though not sure what the Tiny Terror is modeled after.

MmcGrouty

They sound much different. Have you tried them? They are both usually at every guitar center.

Guitarfool

Silver Supporting Member
Tiny Terror is a solid rock and roll amp, no real complaints with the tone of them I wish they had a loop

I think the Orange OR 15 is a nicer sounding amp (tones subjective I get that) but I so think the EQ factor on the OR 15 is a bit more flexible, it can be a bit more old school or a bit more modern depending on your settings/EQ. I also think the effects loop is a big advantage, for a couple bucks more its clearly the better choice imo

:)

Hcklr

Silver Supporting Member
I had both and preferred the OR15 - I thought it just sounded better. Like someone above said - WAY more gain than the Tiny Terror also.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Love my OR15....wants some videos in a band situation...taken with a HD camcorder using the orange PPC212 cab, for some reason had more gain than I like dialed in these...also, I like mids, so you may not like the tone, but it hangs very well with very loud band...lol

I find the effects loop worth the money alone....using a H9 on the VH song.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1FraXSNRA2oLnwupeCasQ/videos

Thanks .... I love the Tiny Terror .... I guess the OR is worth checking out considering it does have a different character. Thanks for the video!

demea26

Love my OR15....wants some videos in a band situation...taken with a HD camcorder using the orange PPC212 cab, for some reason had more gain than I like dialed in these...also, I like mids, so you may not like the tone, but it hangs very well with very loud band...lol

Good stuff, man. I watched several of your videos and you guys are pretty tight and do a lot of the same material my band does.

Unrelated....I just acquired an AD30HTC in a trade and am LOVING the natural tone of this amp. It definitely isn't the highest gainer I've owned, so I'm relying on OD pedals more than I've had previously...but the amps tone and punchiness is great. I'm hunting down a PPC2x12 now as I'm currently playing through a Dr Z best 2x12 and my OCD is going crazy having mismatched gear

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
Good stuff, man. I watched several of your videos and you guys are pretty tight and do a lot of the same material my band does.

Unrelated....I just acquired an AD30HTC in a trade and am LOVING the natural tone of this amp. It definitely isn't the highest gainer I've owned, so I'm relying on OD pedals more than I've had previously...but the amps tone and punchiness is great. I'm hunting down a PPC2x12 now as I'm currently playing through a Dr Z best 2x12 and my OCD is going crazy having mismatched gear

Have you considered two PPC 1x12s and spreading them apart? It's not true stereo, but an amazing sound! :beer

BetterDaze

Have you considered two PPC 1x12s and spreading them apart? It's not true stereo, but an amazing sound! :beer

I actually am considering two 2x12s at the next gig....I have the PPC212 and an Avatar I love with Creambacks. Instead of choosing which one to take trying to raise them up - I am going to try both cabinets - figure that should be a huge sound stage.....Might even move one over to the Bass players side for him to hear better.

Guitarfool

Silver Supporting Member

That sounds nice, (Van Halen and classic rock) solid rocking tones

Good job buddy

Trending Topics