Orange Tiny Terror.

Zim

Hey Guys- I got a Orange Tiny Terror inbound and I was wondering what cab/speaker(s) do you guys prefer for this amp and why? Also, I see 1 16ohm out and 2x 8ohm. Does that mean it can run 2 8ohm cabs at once?

I looked up Tiny Terror and found some info here, but not really what I am after info wise.

Thanks.

Fuzz_Mountain

you can run 2 8 ohms cabs. i got the matching orange 1-12 cabinet with mine. sounds good. these amps like V-30s.

jbright44

I played the PPC112 as well with my Dual Terror (same circuit as TT on channel one) and it sounded great.

If you wanted to save a little money you could probably get an Avatar 112 with a V30 in it as well.

Zim

So, we can do 2 16ohm cabs daisy chained into 1 8ohm out?

V30 seems to be the choice so far, lol.

Thinline_slim

you can run 2 8 ohms cabs. i got the matching orange 1-12 cabinet with mine. sounds good. these amps like V-30s.

You CANNOT run 2 8ohm cabs with the TT. Your options are:
One 16 ohm cab in the 16 ohm tap
One 8 ohm cab in either 8 ohm tap
Or two 16 ohm cabs either daisy chained an in an 8 ohm tap or both cabs each plugged into an 8 ohm tap.

That said, I've been playing a TT for 6 years now and I've been very happy with it. I've come to prefer a G12h30 as a 12" option but lately I've found I like a 2x10" loaded with Eminence Ramrods (well broken in). This has really surprised me since I don't typically like 10" speakers but those Ramrods just smoke blues/rock with the TT.

There are a lot of guys who use V30s with their TT too but I'm just not a fan of the V30 to start with.

Good luck.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
You CANNOT run 2 8ohm cabs with the TT. Your options are:
One 16 ohm cab in the 16 ohm tap
One 8 ohm cab in either 8 ohm tap
Or two 16 ohm cabs either daisy chained an in an 8 ohm tap or both cabs each plugged into an 8 ohm tap.

This is correct. If you look into the various orange cabs, you'll notice that all of them are 16 ohms, so they all work well together. But running 2 8 ohm cabs would require a 4 ohm tap.

I love my TT combo, which has the stock G12H30, and I also use an Orange 1x12 closed back cab with a V30. Its a great combination for me, I think Orange picked the right speakers for this amp. Since each speaker is 16 ohm, I plug each one into an 8 ohm tap. The combo sounds great on it own too!

ian c

another excuse to post pics of mine :)

013-6.jpg

006-13.jpg

2 single 12s to make a stack is what i'm thinking of doing ....

Nork

nice headshell. where'd you get it?

i love mine with a greenback. don't ask why. just do.

ian c

looks kinda cool doesnt it :)

my buddy was thinking about making a few , but it didnt get any further than playing the tiny terror through one of his mesa rigs in his garage :rotflmao

the little things kick ass !!
hes currently playing with my mudshark , but likes the terror better .
i think that will change once hes worked out the 2 nobs do more than they should .

Top Bottom