Orange Tremlord 30?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by markl, Jul 28, 2019.

1. markl

markl Member

The new-ish Tremlord 30 from Orange is intriguing. There’s one on local CL for $900.

Anybody tried one? If so, what did you think? It’s not a typical thing for Orange (high headroom clean amp) and there aren’t many user reviews on the usual retailer websites so I’m guessing they’re not selling well.

DeadLazy likes this.
  2. DeadLazy

DeadLazy Member

I’d never heard of it but I want to try one now. I don’t own an Orange (had a tiny terror once) but was planning on a Rockverb. This is something I really want to try.

Price doesn’t look bad but I didn’t see a drop head on search. I’d much rather have a drop head.

Edit: Reading specs and the blurb and I have to try one for myself. It could be a really good combo for me and I do need a 1x12 combo. I’m very curious about this amp, too.

3. Austin_Taunt

Austin_Taunt Member

I’ve played one at my LGS. It’s a great amp and worth that price. I would have bought it but I already have a DRRI and it gets the job done for half of what it would have cost me. Absolutely a great amp.

4. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

The Tremlord is the same price in Aus as a DRRI. Looks like a nice amp.

5. mbell75

mbell75 Member

Played one a few days ago, pretty cool amp although I don’t ever play clean. It’s a completely different amp for Orange, based on 50s amps. Best cleans I have heard from any Orange amp.

6. markl

markl Member

Interesting. I like Orange cleans, at least based on my Crush 60 and YouTube demos of the Rockerverb. So I’d probably like this amp.

Not many other comments on it though.

DeadLazy likes this.
  7. DeadLazy

DeadLazy Member

I used to use an Orange Tiny Terror combo as an acoustic amp.

Just a pick up inside my acoustic but it does have an EQ.

I could get really loud and it was fat, warm, natural sound of my acoustic.

That’s why I miss it.

I just want another orange and I like having trem and verb on my amp. It might be the orange for me.

8. DiAmoroso

DiAmoroso Member

I love Orange amps, and have been hoping to find a Tremlord to play since they came out.