Orange Tubes

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by katarzis, Jun 3, 2008.

1. katarzis

katarzis Member

I have Orange labeled tubes in my tiny terror.
    i know Orange doesn't make tubes.
    does anybody know which tubes are they?
    i really like the sound of the preamp tubes and i would like to get some more.
    thanks.

2. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

I don't have a tiny terror but I think my AD30 had golden dragons in it stock, and I have heard they now ship with EI tubes. I have had great luck with Gold Pin JJ ec83's lately.

3. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Supporting Member

If they have the double mica spacers, the tubes are Chinese Shuguang (sp?). Seems like a strong possibility for an Asian made amp. Can you post a pic, maybe in the tech or amp section where plenty of folks are knowledgeable? I thought EI was not producing currently.

4. katarzis

katarzis Member

i'll try to take pics later, thanks!

5. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

Mine (AD15/12 made prior to the release of the TT by several years) came with EI Elites and Sovtek preamp tubes from Orange.

I'd advise against EI right now as the last I heard from Lord Valve they were having some manufacturing issues. I think they couldn't afford to heat the factory or something to that effect.

I've had good luck with Tung Sol's recently in the preamp. The good thing is EL84's aren't too terribly expensive so maybe you can afford to try a couple different ones.

Mike from KCA posts here often, perhaps he's got some ideas for you.

6. delay_monster

delay_monster Member

For a while, Orange was selling the 'Orange' tubes through the online store... they've recently changed the website, though, and I don't think they've added the store back in yet. I'd also be curious to know who actually makes the 'Orange' tubes.