Orbiter Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bcrsf27, Aug 9, 2008.

1. bcrsf27

bcrsf27 Member

Greetings Folks,

So I have a question for those of you who might know Greg from Orbiter Guitar in San Leandro. He was recommended to me on this board some time ago to do some guitar tech work and it seems that there are a number of people around here who speak quite highly of him. Two weeks ago I dropped off my guitar for a couple of relatively simple adjustments which he told me might take 3 days. I told him I wouldn't be able to pick it up for a week anyway, so no rush. He seemed like a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

Since then I've tried to check in w/ him (3 times by email, once by phone) to no avail. Despite being very responsive before I dropped off my instrument, I can't seem to get in touch w/ him now.

I've got to admit, this seems a bit weird to me. Of course, part of me is starting to feel anxious about having given my guitar to a total stranger who was referred to me by anonymous people on the internet - but I know that it makes no sense that he's made off w/ my guitar (it's not even that nice an instrument). It's just odd.

At any rate, to those of you w/ experience w/ Greg: any ideas? Is he out of town? Under the weather? Swamped? Similar experiences?

Thanks,

- bcr

2. bcrsf27

bcrsf27 Member

Just got an email from Greg and everything is fine. Thank you for witnessing my public neurosis.

- bcr

3. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

No worries, Greg's a bit loose with his time estimates though. Did he mention if his band is done recording their album yet?

4. Jim Wagner Pickups

Jim Wagner Pickups Member

I believe he is playing up in Tahoe right now, or something like that. No worries, Greg is an excellent person, did a LOT of nice work for me. He''ll take care of ya :dude

5. Wallace

Wallace Silver Supporting Member

You have a PM. He does take care of business. Got a lot on his plate right now and that may pushed completion times back a bit? Hang in there.;)
    W

6. festizio

festizio Member

Yeah he had a big gig up in tahoe, so probably why you didn't hear from him. He doesn't keep email in his pocket like some of us crack-berry addicts.

His work and attention to detail is definitely worth the wait.

7. bcrsf27

bcrsf27 Member

So I have now received my guitar back from Greg (couple of days ago actually) and the work he did was great. Apparently he was having some communication problems vis-a-vis AT&T, but everything is up and running now. Thanks for the responses people. Way to help a man keep hope alive.

- bcr