• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Ordered a New Gibson Limited Edition SG Standard 24 Fret Heritage Cherry

yell03

It is an AMS exclusive Limited Run.

Screaming deal for $1365 shipped to my door with 12 months no interest payments of $113 automatically deducted so no BS 30% interest charges if you forget a payment.

It does not have the BS Mini-tune or G-force tuning system, just good old Regular tuners.

Here are the other specs:

Mahogany body
- Mahogany neck
- 24-fret rosewood fretboard
- Firebird Mini Humbucker in the neck position (alnico)
- 57 Classic humbucker in bridge position
- 1965 SG Standard style "large" pickguard
- Push/Pull pot for coil tap
- Hardshell case included

I made sure the Mini Humbucker was Alnico not ceramic.

I wanted a guitar that could do it all, single coil, humbucker, 24 frets with easy access, and I love Gibsons, I hope this guitar delivers.

I have a 2013 Gibson SG Standard that is amazing, I hope this one is too.

It is a lot like my Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II, but with 24 frets and a nice light body.

Hopefully it does not suffer from extreme neck dive.

Last

Imagine one could easily swap in a P90 in the mini position if ya like.

Love a guitar with a lot of option/possibilities that don't need any modifications to the instrument.

Congrats !

Matt L

I think that's actually a Tony Iommi bridge humbucker, as far as what I was told. I've been looking at the black one myself. You have to be careful with some of these listings. Let me know if they say otherwise, but I've never seen a completely covered 57 Classic like that.

choucas09

I reckon the mini will give extra definition which imo is a good thing in the neck position.

althekiller

Gold Supporting Member
Sweet guitar! I'd drop a p90 in the neck but that's just me...that's great that it doesn't have robot tuners or any of the other 2015 "upgrades"

yell03

Imagine one could easily swap in a P90 in the mini position if ya like.

Love a guitar with a lot of option/possibilities that don't need any modifications to the instrument.

Congrats !
I am not a fan of P90s, I am truly a Humbucker guy, but I like to have my options so a splittable humbucker is great for me.

I think that's actually a Tony Iommi bridge humbucker, as far as what I was told. I've been looking at the black one myself. You have to be careful with some of these listings. Let me know if they say otherwise, but I've never seen a completely covered 57 Classic like that.
I think you may be right, I just saw a post on the youtube video where somebody says they called Gibson and it is a Iommi. Hopefully that won't be a deal breaker for me.
I know I like 57 Classics.

I reckon the mini will give extra definition which imo is a good thing in the neck position.
I don't think it will be all that much different than a regular humbucker, but extra definition would be a good thing.

Sweet guitar! I'd drop a p90 in the neck but that's just me...that's great that it doesn't have robot tuners or any of the other 2015 "upgrades"
I hate robot tuners and guitars that need batteries.

My Trad Pro II has a battery compartment for the bridge pickup for a db boost, I don't put a battery in there and use it as a kill switch instead to mute the sound for tuning.

yell03

I like it! Congrats, OP!
Thanks...

Does anybody out there have any experience with the Iommi pickups?

I hate Signature named gear, I've owned some, but it always bothers me. It seems cheesy.

I had two PRS Custom 24 Navarros because they were great guitars, but why do I want the name of a heroin addict on my $2000 guitar?

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
The video demo on the AMS page says it's a classic 57. Maybe they covered the entire pickup to make it look consonant with the Firebird neck PU?

yell03

Iommi humbucker per Gibson-

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/SG/Gibson-USA/SG-Standard-24.aspx

BUT...I noticed some differences between these two. No mention of coil tapping, and headstock veneer is different. Gibson specs say Baked Maple, as well. Possibly a slightly tweaked version of the out-of-production model. Weird if they went to the trouble.
I think the Gibson data is from 2012, it is definitely Rosewood now, definitely coil tapped, and hopefully a 57 Classic.

Hefalump

NOT a fan of the 24 fret SG's I have owned/played. Certainly not with 10's or heavier. 8's or 9's would be my string choice.

ibis

Interesting that the neck pup is alnico, not the ceramic monster that they put on Firebirds.

Trending Topics