Ordered a pedal January 5th, still haven't received it.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Marcfordsfuzz513, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

Not saying the name of pedal or store I ordered it from. Anyways, one week went buy and I never got the pedal. I called him. Supposedly the maker of the pedal has a sick family member and they where behind. He also said the pedal ships direct from the maker, not him and that he'd put in a call and have them send me out a pedal the next day.. I talked to him 2 weeks ago and and said the same thing, and the pedal where maybe going to be shipped last Monday... Still nothing.

Should I call up the maker of the pedal I purchased and ask if there really is a sickness in the family? Not trying to be nosy, just want to know if a store owner I gave money to is being honest or not.

What would you guys do.. The store is a relatively well known one, and the company that makes the pedal is well known too. I'm not naming names,I want to give the company the benefit of the doubt but i'm having serious doubts.

Keep in mind when I first bought the pedal, it was a Monday, he said i'd have it Wednesday...Unfortunately I used my debit card, not pay pal. But its really bugging me now, and i'm not one to get anxious, but I am now.

2. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

I would just talk to them directly if you have question. IMHO 3 weeks isn't too unreasonable to receive an item, I've bought several things this year that have taken 3-4 weeks to arrive. Just my $0.02.

3. Carltone

Carltone Gold Supporting Member

nothing is shipped until you have a tracking number... do not settle for an "ok, I'll ship it out tomorrow" answer. Keep calling until you get the tracking number

4. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

I did get a tracking number too.

5. EBRAddict

EBRAddict Member

Custom or made-to-order? It's going to take some time. If it was in-stock when you ordered then you have the right to be crabby.

6. Porrig

Porrig Member

I'd be getting my money back, end of.

7. pbmw

pbmw Member

So....
    Where does tracking say it is?

8. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Call the place you ordered from. Ask them where is your pedal. Ask them for a refund or discount on your next purchase (although you might not want to deal with them again).

9. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

Hasn't changed from shipping label created and the city and state it was created in. Which is different from the state the pedal is made, and he said it ships direct from the maker. Something Isnt adding up.

10. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

That just means he paid online and printed a label. It doesn't mean the shipper actually has the box in their possession.

11. I-IV-V

I-IV-V Member

I'd really like to know who this is. The process sounds very similar to other stories I've heard about a particular store.

12. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

Will Boggs has started making pedals now?

13. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Your pedal was run over by a taco truck.
    [​IMG]

I'd just cancel my order for now. Sick happens, no hard feelings. I'd check back in 2 weeks and order again if they confirm the builder has one in hand, ready to ship.

Now, if the seller gives you grief about a full refund, then I'd be getting upset.

14. FiestaRed

FiestaRed Gold Supporting Member

:spit:roll

15. Marcfordsfuzz513

Marcfordsfuzz513 Member

I called Friday and today. Normally the phone goes to a "press this number to talk to so and so" but now it keeps ringing..

The maker of the pedal he claims has a sick family member has posted stuff of facebook about pedals and NAMM. So i'm really wondering if he's lying about that.

16. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

I would be inclined to name the store and the builder here in a calm, controlled post.

In my experience, that will get you a rapid response. Might not always be the one you want, but you'll get a response.

17. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

So what is keeping you from canceling and getting a full refund at this point?

18. Hwoltage

Hwoltage Member

Because a tornado blew down the workshop and destroyed the builder's file cabinets.

19. ELmiguel

ELmiguel Member

[​IMG]

And the answer is "who is Dave from PCE, maker of the Aluminum Falcon".

20. Dereksslide

Dereksslide Member

It is silly not to name either the shop or builder, there could be known problems with either that someone would have pointed out by now. There may also be someone who knows them and can give you the real story. Whatever way, not giving people details is the worst way to try and get help.