Ordered a Rockitt Retro 50w 1986

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats. I've had my RR 50 watt 1986 for a couple months now. Pure classic rock.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
1986? I didn't realize that he was also doing the bass circuit.

I have the 1987, and it's really fantastic.

ac/dcfan87

Nice! I've been checking out their 50w 1987. How much louder would you say it is compared to a 1974x Marshall?

lang.murphy

Congrats! My RR 1987 was my all time favorite amp. I had to sell it for financial reasons and miss it every day. Hope to put the funding together to get another someday.

Enjoy!

Lang

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
Nice! I've been checking out their 50w 1987. How much louder would you say it is compared to a 1974x Marshall?
Probably comparable with no master or with the master dimed. It works surprising well at lower volumes with the master, though. I wouldn't recommended getting one without.

sweetpea

Silver Supporting Member
Congratulations on your new amp. Just out of curiosity, what are the tonal differences between the 1987 and the 1986 circuit. I have had a Wallace 1987 lead spec for a month now and it is a loud and immediate response type of amp with GREAT tone! Is the 1986 the same volume with just more of a bassy tone?What are the benefits of the circuit if any and why did you choose the 1986 over the 1987?

SlyStrat

Silver Supporting Member
Will be a little darker toned. I like warm and darker.
Two of my guitar hero's used a bass head: Duane Allman and Kossoff.

thewestwon

You're going to love it. I couldn't be happier with mine. They really are a great price for what you're getting.

EL 34 X2

Gold Supporting Member
I have a RR 1987 #53. It sounds very close to the 1971 Marshall small box head I owned back in 1976. This is just a great amp at a great price. I couldn't be happier with mine.

nosignal

I've have the RR 1959. I absolutely love my Rockitt. I used to have a 74' Superlead which I (stupidly) sold. I think the Rockitt sounds just as good if not better than the Marshall.

coldengray

Congrats, these are the best amp deals out there. A dead nuts replica with top notch parts, and Kevin is a fantastic guy too. Love my RR.

Trending Topics