Ordered a TC Hall of Fame Reverb Pedal for my Pro Jr and 65 DRRI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by yell03, May 23, 2015.

1. yell03

yell03 Member

I have a Fender 65 DRRI and a Pro Jr.

The Pro Jr does not have reverb and the DRRI only has it on the Vintage Channel, but the Normal Channel which is a little more pedal friendly does not have reverb.

This should really add to the versatility of each amp.

Now to find more room on my pedalboard.

I am not a huge reverb user, but just a hint really adds something nice to my tone.

[​IMG]

2. ianrodia

ianrodia Member

Should work well for your Pro Jr. I've never had any issue running pedals into the Vibrato channel of a DR. I can't imagine the HoF will top the reverb in the DR, but I could be wrong.

3. ClassicLP

ClassicLP Member

You will enjoy that pedal is my guess. Your flashback will feed into it nicely.

I have amps with spring reverb powered by tubes and it offers nice complementing tones. The plate is very good.

Take some time to learn the controls and knowing how to add tone prints is great, too.

4. ClassicLP

ClassicLP Member

It will not top it, but does offer a nice alternate set of sounds. I have mesas with deep spring verb, which is great for some stuff, but the hof can nice, short and snappy plate or tile that works well for rhythm playing.

5. yell03

yell03 Member

I don't think the TC HOF will be as good as the DRRI's reverb, but the DRRI doesnothave reverb on the Normal channel which I often use.

6. Morgancograve

Morgancograve Member

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. I don't use the vibrato channel because pedal sound bad through it. I have taken to just playing without reverb. Haven't really noticed it really. When I need ambience I use my analog delay pedal.

If I ever need a specific heavy reverb, I can just change channels on the amp.

There are mods to fix it,my it this changes the allure of the DRRI. Perhaps I need a new amp?....

7. ClassicLP

ClassicLP Member

Why get a new amp if you like the sound? Plenty of affordable used reverb pedals out there that will do fine. Avoid the tgp more money, upgrade nonsense.

8. minty901

minty901 Member

if you just want a hint of reverb to add a tiny bit of space, the HOF's ambient setting with everything at noon is perfect.

9. Morgancograve

Morgancograve Member

That was a little bit of tongue in cheek. I do like the sound. Will keep it.

10. tigerfan2

tigerfan2 Member

I just traded off my HoF because I'm really only a spring reverb fan and IMHO the spring is the weakest setting on the HoF.

I did like the cathedral setting for more ambient stuff but I rarely used it.

Still a good pedal at the price and lots of options.

11. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

Clip the bright cap on the vibrato channel. Problem solved.

12. yell03

yell03 Member

I think the Vibrato channel sounds good with pedals, but sometimes I prefer the Normal channel

Will check it out, thanks

The Bright cap makes the amp sound great clean at lower volume, I like it that way.