Ordered an Ibanez AD9 Reissue Analog Delay, anybody here use one ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rock Fella, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

I was about to pull the trigger on a Maxon AD999 vintage reissue Analog Delay , but the cost is so very very expensive.

I cited my requirements , warm analog delay to add width and depth to my R9 / Cornford tones , what I was told is that the AD9 is a most capable performer and a whole lot less than the Maxon , if it aint my cup of tea I can simply return it. I dont need long delays and 300ms will be just fine.

Who owns one or has good experience of playing with the AD9 , what did you think of it ?

thanks

jimmy

2. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

I have an old AD9 and it does almost 300 ms.
    HOWEVER, the last place I'd use it was in front of any amp gain.
    It'll do the folded over note unless you run the amp clean and pedals before the delay.

3. mustangman

mustangman Member

i own an AD-9 and i think it is really good analog delay, i love it to death!!!!!!!

4. Madsman

Madsman Member

I have the Maxon AD9... basically the same pedal, but true bypass.

I love it. It sounds just great. 300 MS is a little short for me, but the sound is just killer.

Actually, I like it best in front of the amp, for that chewy nasty tone.

5. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

ed i know how awful delay sounds in front of gain, but.........the hellcat has a terrific loop and ive used a dm2 in there with no probs whatsoever, im expecting similar with the ad9.

6. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

what i was actually surprised to find in terms of fx is, i got an analog flanger from a tgp member , a boss bf2 , it sounds great when playing clean, i dont like it when you add overdrive for rhythm gtr, but for soloing it sounds excellent , gives the solos a most warm and interesting sound, coupled to the analog ad9, im hopin for real good things from the pairing.

7. theHoss

theHoss Member

I have the Keeley moded true by pass, and love it. I just wanted a short delay for some ambience...and that is exactly what it does. I run it in front of a twin reverb, and its great.

8. Calloway

Calloway Supporting Member

I have an original AD 9 and I am in love with it. On that note, I was at my local music shop and I tried out the reissue Ibanez AD9 and the Maxon version and AB'd them. I actually like the Ibanez better, even though I had heard the Maxon one first a year ago, making me seek out an original Ibanez for that tone.

9. GuitslingerTim

GuitslingerTim Member

I just bought an AD9 reissue and have no complaints. I put it at the end of the effects chain before the amp and it kicks ass. The extreme delay settings are cool and useful, but where it really shines is fattening the sound of a good distortion unit with subtle delay.