ORDERED:Divided by 13 LDW 17/39

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by LP Blues, Mar 16, 2006.

1. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Hey guys. Finally ordered a LDW 17/39 The other day. When I receive it, I will put some clips up for all to here. I know D 13 clips are hard to come by. I'm going to give em to you dry. No effects. Ill do some bluesy, funky, and rock style cords, and some lead tones so you can here the straight amp. I'v always found it tough to evaluate an amps tone in a song, over the net, with effects etc.... Maybe someone can host them? Man, I can't wait... Thanks, Mel

2. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

LDW? Is that a new Lyle Workman based model?

3. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

I can host. Whats Fred's turnaround time right now?

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

how much was it if you don't mind me asking? i'm thinking about getting one as well.

5. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Yes. I believe it is. Hope it's all that!

6. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Cool! Thanks for the offer to host. I'll look you up when I get the clips ready. Turnaround time, as of the other day, was btw 1-2 months. Thanks!

7. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Hi. Thanks for the inquery. You would be best to ask Fred directly on that one. He said a little less than the JJN.

8. Jim

Jim Member

What is the difference in tone from an LDW as compared to an FTR? I did not see that amp on their website.

Jim

9. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

Well thats cool, I thought it would be worse nowadays. :AOK

10. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

If you look up the JJN on the website, its basically that amp optimized for a smaller OT and wattage. Much more in the Marshall vein, single channel.

11. Jim

Jim Member

Thanks. Do you know the wattage?

Jim

12. studio8000

studio8000 Member

13. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

There is a hint in the title of this page :)

14. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

If I bought a D/13 that'd be the one....

Can't wait to hear the clips.

15. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

This amp is the best sounding amp i have ever heard in my life. The most harmonically rich, roaring overdrive i've ever heard. The clarity is unreal for the amount of gain this thing has on tap. When i first heard the amp, my buddy was playing his rocknroll stuff on it and it sounded wonderful, but i figured that i wouldn't be able to get a nice clean/edge of break up tone. Then i plugged in my tele, turned up the master and just kept the volume low, and i got some amazing jangly alt country tones. Master volumes simply DO NOT sound this good. Even if someone doesn't like the tone, the master volume will blow them away.

I really think that i'm just going to pull the trigger on this amp. I just gotta find out how much it is first ...

btw, i wonder if fred can put this in a small box? hmmm ...

peace, jon

16. miltwill

miltwill Member

I finally got a chance to play a couple of D13 amps about a week ago. Very different from how i thought they'd be. If any of you guys are in Atlanta, a very good local shop is now a Divided by 13 dealer! I was there when they got a FTR37 and a 9/15. 9/15 is gone, but the 37 is still there. I really liked the amps, very organic. I think the 17/37 or the RSA23 would be right up my alley. LPblues, you are going make a lot of people happy when you post those clips.

17. Jim

Jim Member

What is the name of the shop in Atlanta? I thought you could only buy direct from Fred.

Jim

18. miltwill

miltwill Member

Jim,

The name of the shop is the Boutique Guitar Exchange. The website is www.boutiqueguitarexchage.com and their number is 404 615 0345. They are really great to deal with, and they carry some great stuff. Lots of Tyler, Suhr, Grosh, etc...

I don't know how the got to carry the amps.

19. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

LPblues, you are going make a lot of people happy when you post those clips.[/quote]

Yeah... that's why i'm going to do it. I'v been very frustated searching for good D 13 clips, ( by good I DON'T mean playing ability). I owned a FTR 37 last summer. Best clean tone i'v ever heard, but didn't care for the click channel, at all! I was reluctant to purchase another model w/o trying it first. I'm FAR from a great player, but at least I can offer some sound clips to help others evaluate the tone. C ya guys. Mel

20. LP Blues

LP Blues Member

Yeah, Not bad at all. I hate to wait for these kind of things. I always want them tommorow. ya know?