Ordered my MojoDrive today ...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Snakum, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Snakum

Snakum Member

Ethan is a good guy who made me a killer offer, and so I have a MojoDrive on the way. I'm also going to send one of my Bad Monkeys out to Humphrey Audio for the Badder Monkey mod. I've tried to contact ToneJam FX about their Spank'd Monkey mod but I can't get anyone to reply.

Hopefully I'll be posting my honeymoon phase review of the Mojo next week! :dude

2. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

Mine arrived yesterday just in time for band practice yesterday. Cream stealth box version. Tele ==> Mojo Drive (toggle up) ==> Nova Delay ==> Super Chile Picoso ==> Fargen Mini Plex. The honeymoon phase has officially begun.

3. Snakum

Snakum Member

Can't wait to try it. I also have one Bad Monkus going to Tone Jam for a RC4558p Texas chip and a few cap changes. It'll be interesting.

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

I like the MD, I love to max out the gain and let it sing. Thick meaty juicy.

5. daveg777

daveg777 Member

Great pedal from a great dude!

Dave

6. Phlussy

Phlussy Member

definitely a great pedal, and ethan is super cool to deal with (scored a new SMMH off him for $160!)

7. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Member

I think you should wait on sending out your Bad Monkey to be modded until you get your Mojo Drive.

I've had my Mojo Drive for a week now and it's an amazing sounding pedal. You can try it in Vintage mode (TS) and may forget about spending money on the BM.

8. Snakum

Snakum Member

I'll always have a Bad Monkinator in the chain for one thing or another, even if only to goose the MojoDrive and Cupacabra (getting one of these in a couple weeks). So I want as good a Bad Monkus as I can get to do the goosing of the pedals and also to add a bit of punch to the clean tones.

9. Twin63

Twin63 Member

Expect a long honeymoon.....I've had mine now for several months and every time I think I've found the perfect setting I find another one that blows me away! Honestly, at least for me, there's not a bad tone in this box. I love this pedal!

10. amphead777

amphead777 Member

Ethan, the best, stands behind his product. Plus the Mojo sounds great.

11. Gearhunter

Gearhunter Member

+1

The Mojo and the Chupa are both great pedals.