Ordered my new Vinetto today

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Glowing Tubes, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Vince is very easy to work with and extremely knowledgeable. He's really helping me "shape" my new guitar and lending his experience to my many questions.

As many of us know, its not just the guitar, its the process as well. How you are treated and attention you get from the person your getting your guitar from really can make the experience great.

My new Legato is going to kill!!:dude :dude

Now the waiting begins.. not to mention choosing a color :YinYang

http://www.vinettoguitars.com/#

RC

2. fatback

fatback Member

Congradulations on the order. You will love your Legatto.

So spill the beans, lets see some specs.:)

3. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

yeah, man, Vince's work is totally top notch.

Let us know what you decide on along the way.

Jon

4. Barefoot

Barefoot Senior Member

What options did you choose?

Been staring at those for a while now.

5. Vince

Vince Member

Hey RC,

I enjoyed talking with you today and I'm excited about doing the guitar you're thinking about. Let's not spill the beans, eh?

6. Glowing Tubes

Hey Guys,
    You heard it, gotta keep my trap shut or else! :FM

I'll shoot out the specs as they develop (neck carve, wood, color, pickups etc) But some stuffs going to have to wait until I get it in my hot little hands.. I'll let Vince spill the beans as he sees fit.

All I can say is Im very excited to be getting my first Vinetto!!

RC

7. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Well, I've yet to play one of Vince's guitars, but they look great, and I love the switching combinations. I'm sure yours will be awesome!

Keep us posted!

8. Vince

Vince Member

Jeez RC, you make me sound like Don Corleone!

9. Barefoot

Barefoot Senior Member

Mr Vince,

Do you have any slab sawn mahogany body material? You know the real nice light weight stuff with a good tap tone.....korina would work too....

Match that body up with a one piece slab sawn neck with BIG SWIRLY BIRDSEYES.

Talked to you a few months ago.

Maybe we can get something going...

BG

10. MikeP

MikeP Member

Hey Richard
    Different direction eh? ;)
    Congrats & good luck hope it is all your hoping for.
    Looks like some nice guitars there.
    Mike

11. Glowing Tubes

:cool: Im'z gonna offer you's a guitar you cant refuse.

12. Vince

Vince Member

We've got all the mahogany anyone would need as one of the best importers in the country is about 15 minutes from the shop! I can go down there an pick from thousands of feet of stock. We also get out Honduras rosewood from them, a beautiful and totally musical wood (think Marimba) that I'm really liking for fingerboards with certain bodies I'm also incorporating White Mahogany as a solid body wood. Also known as Primavera, this stuff sounds amazing, but I'm going to hold off on giving a complete tone review until we get a few more built out.
    Of course, we're still butchering a lot of ash and alder, too.

We've also got some killer figured Mahogany that we're using on a batch of Legato Customs with Mahogany cores. Chambered mahogany (with tummy cut), ribbon-figure mahogany top with real binding, rear controls, no pickguard, Legato electronics.

As far as the neck, we've actually made the transition to all quartersawn necks, but we could do the flat if you really want it.

13. Glowing Tubes

I've seen the blonde, green, sunburst, black and blue.

Anybody have a different color they have pictures of?

Funny thing, I know the neck carve I like, the frets and tons of the "little" details. But when it comes to finish.. Im at a loss..:confused:

14. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, Vince... update that danged web site of yours with some more pictures...! :dude

15. Vince

Vince Member

What color? ;)

I shipped some to Marc's and Fazio's last month, and MesaBoogie Hollywood's got some coming. What are you looking for?

16. Glowing Tubes

Im seeing Cunetto Teles selling for as much as a new Vinetto.
    With all the talk about how great they are, Im getting pretty excited about getting my Vinetto. I figure Vince has gotten better at building after all these many years. ;) so my guitar is going to KILL!:dude

17. Vince

Vince Member

Just to keep the record straight, the specs of the original Relic series were determined by the Custom Shop as far as neck profiles, fret size, board radius, etc, and we didn't "build" the guitars technically. I was responsibile for developing and maintaining the visual appearance of the guitars including colors, aging styles, techniques, etc., with the approval of John Page and JW Black at Custom Shop. Some folks know that we did do extensive pre-matching of necks and bodies, which was primarily done for visual consistancy but also for things like neck fits, tone, etc. The parts were "kitted" together for assembly back at Custom Shop.

Since the specs of the guitars weren't all that different from other similar non-aged teles and strats that were available from CS at the time, one might assume that the success of the Relics at the time and since had something to do with the attention to detail and special "mojo" my guys and I worked so hard to put into every guitar we did.

While I'd been pretty experienced in building before the my work on those guitars, what I learned was that there's a big difference between being able to build a guitar that's technically great and cosmetically perfect... and building a techincally and cosmetically great guitar that also connects with players on other levels and makes the instrument more accessible, familiar and friendly... and ultimately more enjoyable to own and play. Yeah, I know that sounds hokey but the lesson was real, and it's one of the reasons I'm sure you'll dig your new Vinetto.