Ordered Power Scaling kit for Tiny Terror

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dr. Lo, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Dr. Lo

Dr. Lo Supporting Member

Just placed the order for London Power's SB-2 power scaling kit. Kevin told me it would be really simple considering the fact that the Tiny Terror already has a PPIMV.

I'm going to replace the amp's power selector switch (actually, it's a "15 WATTS - STBY - 7 WATTS" three-way switch) with the power scaling control pot/knob.

I've never tinkered with an amp's circuitry. Besides draining the lethal voltages from the caps, any other words of wisdom before I begin the surgery?

2. pepi

pepi Member

Yes, do not rush it. Take your time and make it a whole week project if needed. Read the instruction over and over.

3. Dr. Lo

Dr. Lo Supporting Member

I'm thinking of taking detailed pictures (especially of the circuit before I change anything) so that I restore the amp to original form if necessary.

4. DrainBamage

DrainBamage Member

The 7/15 watt switch isnt your tipacal Pentode /Triode switch is it? I believe its a set power scale but I havent looked at a schematic. So with that said you might have a few more disconnections to make. Make sure you understand the schematic fully and where everything is located before you start to dissect it.