Ordered Power Scaling kit for Tiny Terror

Dr. Lo

Just placed the order for London Power's SB-2 power scaling kit. Kevin told me it would be really simple considering the fact that the Tiny Terror already has a PPIMV.

I'm going to replace the amp's power selector switch (actually, it's a "15 WATTS - STBY - 7 WATTS" three-way switch) with the power scaling control pot/knob.

I've never tinkered with an amp's circuitry. Besides draining the lethal voltages from the caps, any other words of wisdom before I begin the surgery?

pepi

Yes, do not rush it. Take your time and make it a whole week project if needed. Read the instruction over and over.

Dr. Lo

I'm thinking of taking detailed pictures (especially of the circuit before I change anything) so that I restore the amp to original form if necessary.

DrainBamage

The 7/15 watt switch isnt your tipacal Pentode /Triode switch is it? I believe its a set power scale but I havent looked at a schematic. So with that said you might have a few more disconnections to make. Make sure you understand the schematic fully and where everything is located before you start to dissect it.