Ordering A Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeDojcsak, Jan 25, 2012.

1. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

So how does it work? I'd need Pauls contact info, what's the current price and current wait time for both the Timmy and Tim.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike

2. geodr

geodr Member

Should be a sticky!

3. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

Called today and got a very generic sounding "Leave a message at the beep" automated answering machine. I left my info, hopefully it was the right number..

4. mik777

mik777 Member

really? I called him yesterday and spoke to him for about 20 min. very nice gent!

5. shawnshack

shawnshack Supporting Member

I got that the first time I called and didn't get a call back. Didn't bother me though. I figured that he gets a ton of messages. Plus, sometimes it's hard to hear/understand an answering machine message. I called back a week or two later and he picked up. Several months later I finally got it! Well worth the wait.

6. iahawk36

iahawk36 Supporting Member

you can always e-mail him too...that's how I got mine. ;)

7. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

I've heard the email way too but kinda wanted to play it safe on the phone, just in case! :)

Anyone have any idea on an ideal time to call, as well as what time zone he's in? Maybe I just called at a bad time.

8. PaulC

PaulC Member

sorry I missed your call. I had one missed call on Friday afternoon which was a 519 area code. I called it Saturday morning, but also got a machine - I left a message. If that wasn't yours I don't think i got your call. If you'd like to try again I'm in central time.

PaulC
    Tim/Timmy pedals
    myspace.com/paulcudio

9. frozze

frozze Member

Hey Paul,

Just dropped you a PM. Hope you got it.

10. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

Haha yeah, that was definitely me. I'll try you again tomorrow!

11. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

Ordered, just spoke with Paul. Wicked nice guy! Can't wait to plug in my Timmy when she's ready :)

12. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

A little less than two months from the order date and it's on it's way! What a guy!

13. jaymeister

jaymeister Member

I've emailed twice to ask to be put on the list, with all my details. It has not worked for me yet, so I question he reliability of this method. I did manage to get one used though.

If someone could explain the whole phone preferred over email, especially with a backlog, it would be great to understand. I mean if I was a builder, wouldn't it be more efficient to read a 10 second email vs have a 20 minute phone call?

14. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak Member

More efficient, probably. More personal, no chance.

15. GoofyDawg

GoofyDawg Member

For some, putting a voice or face to the name is much more valuable than an email, and when you have a conversation with Paul, he conveys a lot of information that could be missed during an email exchange. It's like analog vs digital. With analog, you get the full signal, and I think that's how Paul likes it.

16. jaymeister

jaymeister Member

I totally get that, it worked for Bill Finnegan, but email works for Analog Mike...and I doubt people feel any less taken care of either way...in fact I would argue that as a company, you should be prepared to embrace your customers in their preferred method of communication. Some don't need the warm fuzzy.

17. Yahweh

Yahweh Member

Well everyone basically answered your question,
    i ordered mine probably about a month now and it's set on june.

basically you call his number, you can ask him about ordering timmy/tim and say which and how many you want, then he takes your information down and gives you a month or date when it will be ready, then when it's ready you can pay then with paypal, card, etc.

so basically super easy, and paul is a great guy! he's really nice and has a awesome personality!

18. mcnabbanov

mcnabbanov Member

its pretty astounding that a world famous and quality builder like him is operating using a myspace page still :D

19. thewordking

thewordking Member

Totally. I love the myspace thing. When I first Googled him way back when I just assumed it was a dead link. Anyway, just got my Timmy call last night. I know it's been said before, but what a gentleman.