Organic!!

Mark Robinson

Platinum Supporting Member
Can we ban this term for pedals? To me it's hopelessly vague, could mean dark, could mean clear, could be you like the paint job, or the name, or the obscurity of the company? Could mean the builder is your lover? What does it mean to you? Scratch that! I just don't care.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I'll let you ban organic if I get to send the disgusting term "bluesy" to the lowest level of h3ll....

Black_Label

I take it to mean the opposite of cold and digital, which is a valid assessment of a pedal's warmth.

bastian

Then you'd have to add many more to the list... Sounds are difficult to describe and they are percieved differently by different persons, too. No chance to find a way of exactly describing such things to others.
Organic isnt the worst, I understand it as the opposite of sterile/artificial/digital.
I find it harder with glassy or chimey.

tremolo3

That's an easy one to understand, I think it's related to how "close" to an original effect and emulation is.

Like and overdrive, how close it sounds to a tube amp doing its thing. Or a digital delay, compared to a true analog echo device.

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
Words. Let's get rid of the current ones so that we can find new ones to ban in the future. Retarded.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
I think Organic is one of the better tone terms used around here.

If I were to ban one term, it is labeling every non-gigging musician as a "bedroom player". That is accurate for most younger players, but I'd guess that most of us non-gigging TGP'ers have a studio or other more significant space allocated for gear and jamming.

Mark.B

Can we ban this term for pedals? To me it's hopelessly vague, could mean dark, could mean clear, could be you like the paint job, or the name, or the obscurity of the company? Could mean the builder is your lover? What does it mean to you? Scratch that! I just don't care.
Organic pedals shall now be known as lemony-fresh pedals from now on. So let it be written, so let it be done.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
Some people are able to hold the terms organic and artificial in their minds at the same time for contrast and comparison.

Ahem.

Maybe we can just give up posts that whine about terminology.

-bEn r.

Trending Topics