Origin Cali 76 or Diamond Compressor?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Obviously a huge price difference.

Diamond is about $200 and Cali 76 is about $339.

Worth the price difference or will i be happy with the Diamond?

Also, there's the Cali76-G-P which is $599. Do i jump up that high?

2. 7thString

7thString Member

3. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

Cali 76. Worth it.

4. Bluesman79

Bluesman79 Supporting Member

I ordered the G-P. Should ship this week. I'm looking forward to it, but I do agree, big price tag.

5. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Went with the Cali 76. Picked it up at lunch!

Decided to just go with the basic model as i don't really need the extras (though some would be nice). I just wanted an extremely solid compressor that does the basics and for $200 less than all those limited models, this should do just fine.

6. Bluesman79

7. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Hey Bluesman, just curious as to why some choose one over the other. What was the reasoning for you to go with the GP?

8. Bluesman79

I like the idea of having a boost built into the pedal. From all accounts Origin Effects makes top notch, quality products. Also, the pedal is very big. If you're concerned about space on a board, having a two in one pedal made sense. I haven't heard it yet so it could end up being a terrible decision lol....but people rave about the Cali so I'm betting (hoping) the boost will sound just as good.

9. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah, i didn't need the boost so i went with the basic. The Slide Rig has the boost option too.

Was wondering if you were going for the GP for the different I/O options or for the Germanium or the headroom knob. All of those sound appealing to me but not sure if they justify the price difference for the amount i would use them personally. Curious how different the Germanium sounds compared with the original though.

10. jAcKoFsPeEd

jAcKoFsPeEd Member

It's big enough to take up two to three pedals worth of space. I don't worry about it taking up real-estate.....it's off the board to the side, guitar in first and then to the board.

11. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Yeah, this is what i will be doing as well since i have 3 pedal boards i tend to swap out.