Origin Effects Compact RevivalDRIVE - Here it is! A picture is worth a thousand words!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jazzandmore, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

I get the feeling it will be coming soon...Quite soon actually ;)

madhermit and korgi like this.
  2. Jazzandmore

When I was at NAMM I remember them mentioning that the HIGHS knob would do something really cool. Just found out a little more about it that I think guys will like.

On the full size RD, there is a Pre-Amp switch for each side. 0, GB, US. They involve different voicings of the highs. The 0 is more flat, the GB is Marshally and the US is more of a Fender voicing. When you flip the switch, it's really cool how things change to give you the voicing you want.

Obviously that switch is not on the Compact RD, so they've done something really inventive. Turning the HIGHS knob on the Compact RD will give this continuous blend between the 0, GB and US preamp switch positions on the full size RD. In this way you are actually going to be able to get in between sounds as well as the 0, GB and US sounds on the full size RD.

As always these guys just take it to the next level!

guitarman92, blackba, onyir and 4 others like this.
  3. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

I like the fact your passionate about Origin effects

zwiefldraader and Blue Bee like this.
  4. Jazzandmore

I know there are a few folks here that are really excited about the RD Compact, so I hope they like additional info while waiting.

But you are right, I have a BIG appreciation for the awesome pedals they build.

effectsman and Jacksteiner like this.
  5. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Last I spoke with Origin, they plan a December release.

dpgreek and Blue Bee like this.
  6. effectsman

effectsman Supporting Member

That gives me some time to start saving. I can’t afford the full size RD, but should be able to manage the compact version.

Blue Bee likes this.
  7. Class5

Class5 Member

You and me both, Buddy. This stuff is really expensive in Oz.

effectsman and Blue Bee like this.
  8. Jazzandmore

Hmm, not what I’m understanding, but we shall see ;)

9. TCMx3

TCMx3 Supporting Member

Is this one also going to be buffered bypass?

My current pedalboard is too small for a true bypass looper for all my stuff. Would really love the RD but not buffered.

The fullsized one is so good I kept it despite not using it.

10. Jazzandmore

I'll just leave this here. The Stacked is already built and out, so I can only think of one thing they could be "ready to build" ;):):banana

11. truckin

truckin Supporting Member

No ghosting feature = very little interest in the compact version. That's the main draw to this pedal.. what makes it unique from all the other ODs.

12. Jazzandmore

I started the thread for those that know about the pedal and are interested in this one.

For those that aren't interested, there are definitely a lot of other choices to look at so it's all good.

Soothsayer likes this.
  13. truckin

hey man, I was just voicing my disappointment in this pedal's features. I think it's fair to post it in a thread about the pedal. I don't want to reign on anyone's excitement but I was only saying it was sad they missed out on the most important feature of it's bigger brother. Without that, there's nothing to really set it apart from the thousands of other ODs/Amps in a Box/etc on the market aside from Origin's great build quality.

freddy_von, guff, guitarman92 and 5 others like this.
  14. Jazzandmore

No worries. I was just acknowledging that there are lots of great choices out there, so my post was aimed at the small number of TGPers who have shown interest in this particular pedal. That's why I said "It's all good", because we can all find something we like on the market.

While it's clear you and I both really love the Ghosting feature, I gotta say that even without that, the Compact RD (RDC), IMO, still has a lot of capabilities other pedals don't. I'm a bit of an OD nut, and this pic is not even all of my ODs. Of the pedals I have, only one of them, the Spaceman Polaris (not in the pic), has a way to blend in the dry signal like the RD and RDC are capable of. The way the HIGHS knob is implemented on the RDC pedal allowing for different voicings to give the capability of the full size RD is unique to any of the pedals that I have. Also the More/Presence knob with it's affect on the negative feedback characteristics is also not standard on the multitude of OD pedals on the market.

I got the fortune of experiencing the RDC at NAMM on the very first day, so got the full run down and demo from Jack and Simon. The second pic below shows the controls on the RDC.

godspeed and Chaddwick_tonesnob like this.
  15. truckin

Nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy the RD Compact if that's the feature set you're after.

16. Jazzandmore

I’ve actually got an RD Custom, so won’t be grabbing an RDC myself. I think I’m done buying ODs :) That being said, they also announced an upcoming Tremolo pedal they are working on. I’ll definitely be getting that!

Spirithunter likes this.
  17. Strumlord

Strumlord Member

How do you like the Svisound drive?

18. Jazzandmore

19. Chaddwick_tonesnob

Chaddwick_tonesnob Member

Hey how do you like that Nordvang Custom? I was considering that prior to hearing RevivalDrive demos.

20. Jazzandmore

The Nordvang is considered akin to the Klon but with an "improved" circuit as he indicates. And @SimonGotthelf did some awesome demos of it that you can see on the site.

I would say they RD and Nordvang are in completely different camps because the RD can do so much more. The Nordvang sounds great for sure, but it's not aiming to do what the RD aims to do.

SimonGotthelf likes this.