Original and Blasphemous cover

p81

Post up some original songs that should have never been touched and a cover of that same original.............

Average Joe

Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah should never have been made imho. Not only does he lack the gravity for it, he also opened the floodgates for a **** ton of terrible covers.

And as a long time VU/Reed fan, I always thought this was terrible, sleepy, entirely devoid of the acerbic streak that the song needs. I know a lot of people disagree - they are wrong.

Average Joe

Including Lou Reed, I guess.
:D Yeah, what did he know. I have to say I disagree with Reed on that one . But I'd love to hear why he liked it. I think CJ completely gutted that song and turned it into easy listening.

Last edited:

sixstringfuel

Hotdogs kill
The "manual echo" is a great vocal choice, but it's the guitarist's non-solo at the end that I think I love most -- it's as if after that particularly wan attempt at the earlier solo he's just out.
Yeah, he just basically unplugs and walks off. "That's enough of that..."
His consideration to not out shine his band mates is commendable.

I never get tired of seeing that video.

ripple

To keep fresh, keep capped & cold.
Silver Supporting Member
I thought a cover of Bohemian Rhapsody would've been sacrilege, but the Porkka Playboys proved me dead wrong:

Madsen

The "manual echo" is a great vocal choice, but it's the guitarist's non-solo at the end that I think I love most -- it's as if after that particularly wan attempt at the earlier solo he's just out.
These guys get all the terrible Comfortably Numb coverage, but The Sisters of Mercy also took a crap on this classic.

Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah should never have been made imho. Not only does he lack the gravity for it, he also opened the floodgates for a **** ton of terrible covers.
I think the Leonard Cohen version is amazing. I hate the Rufus Wainwright version.

Trending Topics