Original and Blasphemous cover

MoarGear

Those were both great covers - thanks for posting!
Iron Horse has two whole albums of Metallica covers. Fade to Bluegrass volumes 1 and 2, and they have an album of Modest Mouse covers, and more. Very diverse and talented, all Bluegrass. Tons of fun, IMO.

MoarGear

Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah should never have been made imho. Not only does he lack the gravity for it, he also opened the floodgates for a **** ton of terrible covers.

And as a long time VU/Reed fan, I always thought this was terrible, sleepy, entirely devoid of the acerbic streak that the song needs. I know a lot of people disagree - they are wrong.

The whole Trinity Sessions album by Cowboy Junkies is great.

Though not a cover, I also love their Murder in the Trailerpark song.

major-minor

Guns and Roses---"Knockin On Heaven's Door ". HUH? WHAT?

Pearl Jam---"Where Oh Where Can My Baby Be " ( sorry, forgot title of song. ) Anyway ....HUH? WHAT?

JimmyB

Silver Supporting Member
The song that should never be redone doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a blasphemous cover.
^ This.

We have a "covers that are better than the original" thread rolling around here that pretty much proves this.

Two examples of improving on greatness:

Fireproof

Supporting Member
His consideration to not out shine his band mates is commendable.

I never get tired of seeing that video.
I've seen that video a couple times and am always like what the?? What is the situation here? Is that a "school of rock" performance of some sort where these guys are just learning? That was beyond bad.

Bennihana

During my thrash band years in college, we lived by a rule that there are three bands you just do not cover:

Metallica - it'd been done to death
Tool - no one can do it good enough to be listenable
Pantera - no one can do it good enough to be listenable

wombat66

Led Zeppelin, back when they were deities, successfully sued to have Little Roger and The Goosebump's blasphemous Gilligan/Stairway mashup removed from stores. (despite that this is robert plant's favorite cover)

Trending Topics