1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Original Jam Man, who here uses one or used one.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TheGrooveking, Oct 11, 2005.

1. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I was just curious if there are any serious loopers in this forum, I know there are some better units, like the Oberhiem Echoplex, but just wondering. I use mine allot, it is limited to 32 seconds and doesn't store loops, but it adds alot to a small band and allows me to take solos without everything dropping out.

TheGrooveking

2. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I used to have one, found the Boomerang more useful for jamming with myself. I'd probably go for one of the newer ones if I had it to do again, something that could save loops...

3. D.G.

D.G. Member

I used to own one. I sold it when I purged all my rack gear. I use the Line 6 DL4 which is quieter and cleaner sounding, as well as being floor based.

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    Yes I am asking a question, as to whom has/had used one. I have three of them, all in different rigs. I dig that they are stereo, and I too wish the memory was longer. I was just thinking about how a few months ago the used Lexicon Jam Man's were fetching up to $600 on ebay and now the price is dropping and I think it is because the new Digitech Jam Man possibly.

I have to admit, the new Digitech pedal offers allot, expecially the memory and the USB port.

TheGrooveking

5. britishampsrock

britishampsrock Member

ive got a boss rc-20xl and i love it. it does store loops and has about 16 min's of memory.

6. faizz

faizz Member

i LOVED the JamMan!

i had two of them in my old huge rig: they were really funny to use as loopers as well as delays also.

With them i've learned a lot about mixing different sounds, layering parts etc...

Later i stopped using thm in band contest, as i moved to different kind of music, and was tired to be always sync'd to sequencers.

Anyway, their audio quality is always been a serious issue for me.
    I finally moved to a TC2290 expanded to 11 secs, that gives me 10 seconds of pristine quality "sound on sound" basic looping.

To anyone serious about the JamMan i really suggest to contact Bob Sellon (the designer) and get the latest firmware update, that offers way many possibilities.

More info here: www.stecrecords.com/gear/

and here: www.jamman.org

And www.loopers-delight.com is a great resource of course!

my .02,
    Faizz

7. simeon

simeon Member

yeah, i used to have two running in parallel

i quite liked them, but i think they've been superceded now - you certainly get more bang for your buck from the newer units out there...

sim