• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Original Jensen. P8R vs P8U ?

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
I came across a vintage Jensen speaker today for my Fender SF champ. It is a Chicago Alnico V P8U. The serial is 220754. I have never heard of a P8U before. Can anyone tell me the difference between this and the P8R?

SatelliteAmps

P8U is a lower wattage speaker than a P8R. I think the P8U is about 5 watts (maybe 6), while a P8R is about 12 watts. The P8U should sound great for a few minutes in a Champ, but it won't last for very long.

ThePenwellCrash

Gold Supporting Member
Thank you Adam! I really appreciate it. I think my hunt will now continue for an original P8S and allow the P8U to go to someone who does not "dime" their champ as much as I.

Trending Topics