• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Original MSRP on a PRS 20th Anniv. Singlecut w/ Artist Package?? Need for insurance!

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
I have one, and I'm in the process of insuring all my gear, and I need the original retail price for the insurance company. It's the only guitar I can't find a price for. I bought it used so I have no clue what original MSRP or sale price was. I emailed PRS about it, and as always they're a waste of my time. HELP!!!

02Singlecut

I'd call a PRS DEALER and ask them if the have a priclist that falls within the year of your guitars date of birth. :facepalm

Last edited:

b2sc

^^^ MSRP is not a BFD. It's printed everywhere and I can't see why PRS would have any problem stating MSRP. That's what customer service does. Services customers.

What year singlecut? I've got a few buyers guides from 10 +/- years ago that has MSRPs listed I ban look into and post if I have it.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Or, you can be like the jewelry industry, and put a crazy high double price which no one would ever pay as value. As long as you're within the value window for what you're paying every year, it doesn't really matter.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
^^^ MSRP is not a BFD. It's printed everywhere and I can't see why PRS would have any problem stating MSRP. That's what customer service does. Services customers.

What year singlecut? I've got a few buyers guides from 10 +/- years ago that has MSRPs listed I ban look into and post if I have it.
I haven't had the best of luck with PRS' customer service. The two guys that run that department have come off VERY pretentious in the past, and they rarely actually answer my questions...it's like listening to Sarah Palin in a debate. I gave them the serial number and asked for original MSRP, and they said they "do not have access to that information".

It's a 2006 Singlecut 20th Anniversary Artist Package, McCarty Tobacco Sunburst.

My insurance company takes care of me very well, my agent is a really good guy. So I really want to give them the best value I can. I don't want to inflate it, and they want "new" value and would actually rather have MSRP than "MAP" price.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
Jim thanks for the link...however mine is a stoptail with the artist package...so I believe mine would be a bit more expensive.

SinglecutGuy

Silver Supporting Member
However, I did just call Willcutt Guitars, and the guy there actually took the time to look up the old price list for them, and found my MSRP!!!

$4750 ... wow!

Trending Topics