Original Pedal Power -- will it do 12V?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by brewbaker, Feb 14, 2012.

1. brewbaker

brewbaker Supporting Member

Does anyone know if the original pedal power puts out 12v from any of its jacks? I heard if the dip switch is in the not-normal position that it will, but that may just be the pedal power 2. Thanks

2. meterman

meterman Member

yes definitely, I have two of them. The dipswitch on the bottom is supposed to give you around 13.2V I think, to mimic the Boss ACA adapters, but I've measured them with a multimeter and it's more like 12.6V.

3. elephanttalk

elephanttalk Member

but is it safe, i thought the aca 12v switch was only for the old boss pedals. am i wrong?

4. New_Guy

New_Guy Member

All the switch does is removing the regulator and filtering so you get rectified power only. If the pedal you want to run has additional power
    Filtering n ****, you're good to go. If not, not.

5. meterman

meterman Member

I run one old Boss (HF-2), my AD900 (w/ reverse polarity cable) and my Badgerplex Vintage (takes 12V and ups it to 22V internally) all using the 12V/ACA settings on my Pedal Power 1. No problems at all, no noise....I'm surprised to hear that the switch removes the power regulation b/c all of mine measure basically exactly the same on the multimeter....

of course there are plenty of 9V pedals that won't safely take 12V, if that's what you're asking...?

6. elephanttalk

elephanttalk Member

i own a ehx memory boy deluxe, the manual says it can run at 9 or 12volts. can i run the pedal at 12v off of the voodoo lab? thanks :rotflmao

7. meterman

meterman Member

I don't know about the newer ones but the original puts out either 9V or approximately 12.6V. As long as your pedal can handle the extra .6V it should work. With delays and modulation pedals at higher voltages I notice a slight increase in headroom and the ability to handle louder signals without clipping the input.

8. elephanttalk

elephanttalk Member

will my ehx pedal work with the newest version voodoo? thank you.