Original Santana Line -up

frijoleghost

Silver Supporting Member
i saw them in may '69 before their first record came out...aren't dave brown and chepito deceased?

Kenny Blue

Silver Supporting Member
I am really more excited about this project/ reunion that I have been about anything else musically for a long time. I was so into Santana between 1969 and 1975. I would say that in those years especially my biggest influence, in regards to inspiring me to grow as a guitar player and as a style of playing, was Carlos and the music that Santana was making.

Although I was also on a sort of similar path (as it seemed that Carlos was at the time) of spiritual seeking personally and musically in the early '70s and loved Santana's albums between Caravanserai and Borboletta, I have a special love for the original Santana band and those first 3 albums. I am really very happy to see that they came together again and made this album. It's awesome to see also that they all loved doing this together again and seem to have such a genuine appreciation for each other and what they create as a group together.

I have remained a huge fan of each of these guys... Carlos, Neal Schon, Michael Shrieve, Greg Rolie and Michael Carabello. Each brought so much to the sound of this original band. I'm not sure what is happening with Chepito these days but it's a real shame that he is not part of this also.

I have to say that this really does my heart good !

I do not see any info about them touring together following the release of this album but I really would love to see them together live.

Last edited:

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
I hope it turns out to be a good record. I used to be a huge fan, but he's lost me in the last few years. I think the last one I really liked was Milagro.

Comet01

I'm not sure what is happening with Chepito these days but it's a real shame that he is not part of this also.
Chepito is a convicted pedophile.
Carlos was a childhood victim of sexual abuse.

That is not a combination that will work out.

Trending Topics