Orville Les Paul vs Epiphone Les Paul, which is better?

g335

Hello

I have a chance to buy a sunburst 1995 Orvillle Les Paul made in the FujiGen factory for 300 dollars. Its only missing the control knobs.

Is this a good deal or should I stick with Epiphones?

themightyjay

The Orville will be far superior to any Korean / Chinese Epiphone. A Japanese Epiphone is basically the same guitar as the Orville.

SlumFrog

Is it Orville by Gibson or just Orville?
Either way it'd say better then a Epiphone, and $300 is a good deal. But if its an Orville by Gibson thats a steal!

changeling

The Orville will be far superior to any Korean / Chinese Epiphone. A Japanese Epiphone is basically the same guitar as the Orville.
Exactly.
I don't know how familiar the op is with les Paul's,but you are basically getting the deal of a lifetime,if you are not tied to names on head stocks.
Orville's go for $750-850all day long...IF you can find one.
The only gibson I have left is a platinum studio which is a good guitar,but my fujigen epi les paul is my go to les paul.
Try to find out if it's a veneer flame top though,I had one and it didn't sound as good as my plain top fujigen.
Good luck and let us know man.

bettset

i have fujigen epi lp's. really nice. pretty much any guitar made at fujigen will be very good......especially when gibson gave them the wood & hardware for the elite/elitists :munch

woof*

The Orville's I've played are several levels better than your typical Epi.

Dale

Epi has their own factory in China. They have been turning out pretty consistently nice guitars for a while. I would say it really depends on which model of each you compare. My 1960 V3 is really, really nice for example.

cherrick

Orville. Better by a mile. $300 is thievery. Go to ebay, zoom into guitars and search for "Orville".