Orville Modules Manual

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Does anyone have a PDF of the "Modules Manual" for the Orville that reflects the latest Orville software? My printed version is fairly early, and this manual is mysteriously missing from the Eventide site.

The help in VSIG doesn't work for me running in VMWare Fusion Win 7 emulation, on a Mac.

JMMP1

Which version do you have? I have a paper copy of the manual, and can attempt to scan it in bulk if it offers the info you need.

Does anyone have a PDF of the "Modules Manual" for the Orville that reflects the latest Orville software? My printed version is fairly early, and this manual is mysteriously missing from the Eventide site.

The help in VSIG doesn't work for me running in VMWare Fusion Win 7 emulation, on a Mac.

Chris

the latest I have is Modules V1.3, year 2000... very likely not what you are looking for as some newer modules are missing in it.
What's strange is that you should be able to use Vsig HELP in Win7.... as I do. It's native there. I do use VMWare and Win7 and shows up fine.
Which Vsig version are you using?
The vsigfile.chm file (help) can be opened without even Vsig running. Maybe you don't have it?
Let me know about the version you have there.

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
My printed version is 1.2, also from 2000.

My Win7 / emulation problem is that I get this no matter what I click on:
i-SsmQJHN.png

This is using the 2.4.9 beta. I tried the non-beta version, but help didn't work there either, and crashes quite a bit for me.

I'm running 2.4.9.1.
Is that the same version you have?
Have you tried locating the vsigfile.chm file in the Vsig folder and click on it to check if it's working?
Have Vsig not running and try that, Windows can open .chm files alone.
Try that.

JMMP1

My print copy is from July 1999, so earlier than yours! Haha
Hopefully Italo's suggestions will work out!

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
I'm running 2.4.9.1.
Is that the same version you have?
Have you tried locating the vsigfile.chm file in the Vsig folder and click on it to check if it's working?
Have Vsig not running and try that, Windows can open .chm files alone.
Try that.

The latest VSig on the Eventide site that I could find is 2.4.9.0.

I tried opening vsigfile.chm without VSig running and it opens and shows the directory but gives me the same navigation canceled message in the screenshot above. This is looking like a Windows settings or install problem.

The OK news is that I found a program called FBReader for the Mac which can open .chm files, and although the UI is sort of annoying it at least lets me look at the newer module that aren't in my printed manual.

The latest VSig on the Eventide site that I could find is 2.4.9.0.

I tried opening vsigfile.chm without VSig running and it opens and shows the directory but gives me the same navigation canceled message in the screenshot above. This is looking like a Windows settings or install problem.

The OK news is that I found a program called FBReader for the Mac which can open .chm files, and although the UI is sort of annoying it at least lets me look at the newer module that aren't in my printed manual.

My suggestion is you get my version of Vsig.
I can email you the installer.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom