• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Other B-Bender makers/installers?

Michael McG

After a year or so without a tele, I've got the itch again. I'd like to get one to put a b-bender in, and I'm wondering what other makers/installers are out there. I've been looking into the Parsons/White Bender that Gene himself does, but putting nearly $1000 into a guitar that won't be a primary is a bit steep.

Any thoughts?

franksguitar

There is a bender that routes a hole thru the body utilizting the strap button pulldown vs a plastic plate on the back like original Parson White.

Scooter

Silver Supporting Member
I know this is an old thread but I just stumbled across it and thought I'd chime in.

There's a guy named Bill Warford who intalls his own design for around $450. I bought a used MIM Tele that had one of his benders in it and I've upgraded it pretty significantly with some parts I already had and it's a nice guitar.

As far as benders go, I don't know if it's significantly better or worse than some of the other names you've heard. And the only other bender I've played is a Fender B Bender Tele, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. What I do know is that I pull down on the strap, it bends the G, and it works. It stays in tune as well as I remember the Fender that I tried, and I've used the guitar quite a bit and everything seems to be holding up.

In any case, it was a nice way to dip my toe in the bender pool without dropping major dough - and most importantly, the thing is a blast.

909one

I have a Bill Walford B-bender on my Tele.
His company is B&W benders.
http://www.bnwbenders.com/
He's great guy, does great work.
$250 plus shipping, he had it done in like 2 weeks.

I have never played a Parsons White Bender, but this bender works great for me. It didn't want my whole guitar routed out. That's overkill. You can barely tell its there with Bill's. You can adjust pitch to go 1/2 step, 1 step and 1 1/2 steps. Its pretty cool.

sleek

I have a Warford. Works great.

It was one he did as a test-run for routing a thin body electric. It's in a Squier affinity tele, but it sounds great. I think I got the whole thing for $250.

...I'd sell it for that as well. I just don't play country anymore. If you're interested drop me a P.M.

I just wanted to check out the whole B-bender thing without the $1000 typical entry fee. It was cool...but I just don't need it.

It's a great way to get into a bender on the cheap!

I also have an Epiphone EZ bender, which is a really cool little palm-pedal style device that attaches to any T.O.M. setup with no alteration (!)

Trending Topics